Wings & Wheels Car Show '06 - July 21/23 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Wings & Wheels Car Show '06 - July 21/23

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jerrari, Dec 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx Skip - we missed our Ferry ride waiting out the rain.. we're watching the radar because now this means we have to drive a few hundred miles to get there. (it's never been rained on)
    :( Kinda wish we had both cars going now to have a backup .. we've never driven the Lambo this far.. will post an update when we can. Haley has been detailing it since she got home. It's amazing how much polising it needs after sitting in storage under a cover for 5 months
    Chelle

2. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    We missed the Chicago contingency at the show this year. Jer did a FANTASTIC job of pulling off an even better event than last year. The weather was great, cool breeze, we parked on pavement, and Jerry had stansions and caution tape around all the cars for their protection which was a huge help this year.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Mike

3. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Chelle,
    Sorry you couldn't make the Air Show. My daughter Michelle was really looking forward to talking to you about the cars and the amount of work you have done on them. Like the previous post states, the weather was great, car parking was better. In all a very fun time. Hope to see you there next year. -Skip

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    PICTURES - WE NEED PICTURES!!!!

5. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Andreas, I forgot my camera at home, but my brother brought his. When I get some photos emailed from him, I'll post them.

We saw some familiar faces, Skip brought out a 308 GTS, and Jerry's dad came out again this year with the vette and 348 Spider. Dave Harris brought out the Blue Diablo again. There were some new faces too, Steve, Tom, Adrian and Courtney, Bob Payne (Oh my, did this guy have a collection, he couldn't figure out which cars to bring so he just kept rotating the stock! - Yellow 308 GTS previously owned by Miles Davis, a 356 Speedster replica, a Factory 5 Cobra), James and Sarah brought the F430 Spider. There was a Rolls, a 426 Hemi Mercedes SL convertible. 2 Bat mobiles, two Alpha Romeo's, man and the list goes on! I know I'm forgetting some (sorry!).

What a great time! Maybe we'll see you guys next year?

Mike

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Weather and schedule permitting, I'm in next year.

Anxiously waiting for the pics.

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #57 Jerrari, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #58 Jerrari, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jer, I just have one question: What exactly is Janelle doing to that poor taco?

:)

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Mike, clear out your PM messages box.

Anyway, I'd like to use the shot of your 348 Spider for our calendar. Nice car and great event.