winos chime in | Page 2 | FerrariChat

winos chime in

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by thadbrown, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    khayes,

did you see the cave at Stag's leap wine cellars?

Ben,

That Seghesio Zin is a very good wine.

try some of the ravenswood vintner's select Zin good bang for the buck.

vincent.

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003

Had a glass tonight at the Ritz-Carlton right before I saw The Producers. This is my current favorite wine.

3. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    My favorite wine cave was at del Dotto when they crancked up the music and had the "Doors" rocking in the cave. We must have drank over a full bottle each doing their barrell tasting tour.

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Artherd...I did not attend the tasting at Sonoma Beach (which is as good as the name Stu Pedasso!) Can't you just hear all of the Italians: "Ima gonna go to that Sonoma Beach and have a talka witha that Stu Pedasso!"

I have a few customers that are real dickheads, but I tolorate them. These are the people that I send a bottle to....None of them get it!

5. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Peter- do you really? That's f-ing out-standing! I haven't had the guts to try that yet, but perhaps I should :) On another note, how is the actual wine, I've not yet tried it.

Vincent- Yes, I'm quite impressed with the Seghesio. The Ravenswood (make sure it's the vintner's select) is a good one too.

Also like Alexander Valley's 'Sin Zin', but I think that's back in the $20-30 range. (can't remenber now.)

Another recent find is "Ridge" Their "Geyserville" Zin (74%, 18%cab, 8% Petite Sirah) from the 2001 vintage is pretty darn nice. Very smooth and intense. This one should age well.

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Artherd...Yes, I have sent three bottles to certain people! As for the wine, it is a good general table wine that is well priced at $6 a bottle. Having the bottle at the dinner table will overshadow the fact it's not a $20 bottle. Everyone will enjoy it and have a good laugh!

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I sent a bottle to a client of mine as well...... Al Kaholik

DL

8. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    If you are into California wines try something from the Rutherford Oakville Bench like Plumpjack or Geo De Latour. The Bench is Napa's prime real estate much like the Bordeaux is to the French. The Plumpjack will set you back about $50 and the Geo De Latour about $110 but both are absolutely superb. If the French tickle your fancy I would try either Chateau Latour or Chateau Lynch Bages. They are both from the Pauillac which IMHO produces Frances best wines. The Latour will run about $250 and the Lynch Bages about the same. As with the two California wines I mention, both of these are absolutely superb. I can't imagine anyone turning up thier nose at any of the four!

9. tw1nturb0

tw1nturb0 Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    Try Mara or Fly By Night

they're both BIG, BIG sub - $50 red zins

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    For about $18-25 retail Francis Ford Coppolla (of "The Godfather" fame) makes a good wine in the Nappa Valley.

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    How 'bout Stu Pedaso...? Don't ask anyone from NY or NJ about it, though, they might get offended... :D