winston cup V busch series | FerrariChat

winston cup V busch series

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by stevej33, May 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevej33

stevej33 Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Lincoln, UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Jollands
    hello again.....

I may have hit a nerve with the champ car V IRL post last week, but i am now clear on that one........

what about these 2 seemingly similar series of your brand of saloon car racing
    USA style ROUND AND ROUND AND R..........zzzzzzzz ??

Whats the difference (un-informed englishman asking daft questions again!!)

steve j

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Nextel Cup vs. Busch

One has a larger crowd and a new name. The cars are also a touch faster with better drivers. There are many differences, but Former Nascar is the better of the two. Busch is a feeder/farm team series. It's a different kind of racing.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Busch can be described as the "F3000" of NASCAR. The cars used to be more different--at one time Busch was restricted to V-6 engines--but now the cars are quite similar. There are enough technical differences to ensure that the Busch cars are not as fast. And most Busch races are typically held as support races for Nextel Cup.

One thing I do not approve is Nextel Cup drivers taking part in Busch races as well. This would be equivalent to F1 drivers also driving in F3000 events held at the same venue as supporting races. Of course, full time Nextel Cup drivers are ineligible for the Busch championship.

(This is similar to F2 in the 60s and 70s, when F1 drivers often drove in F2 events as well, but they were "graded" drivers not eligible for the F2 championship.)

4. stevej33

stevej33 Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Lincoln, UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Jollands
    so nextel is the new sponser of the series instead of winston now....???

what other names has it gone under in the recent past then?

thanks
    steve j