Winter 05 Spotted | FerrariChat

Winter 05 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by RocketBoy, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Was shocked to see a red 612 Scag truning onto Golf Rd in Schaumburg today. First time since the auto show last year I have seen one. Looks so big for a Ferrari. To be honest, the looks are not that amazing but the fact it was covered in a lot of salt might be part of that thought.

RocketBoy

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    excellent!! havn't seen one in the flesh since last years autoshow as well... i did however see a nice yellow murci yesterday on dempster and golf while leaving work. gotta love nice weather. did you take the 550 out the other day rocketboy?

-mike

3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Last time I took it for a spin was on New Years when we had clear skies and 50 degree weather. It was perfect as most people seemed to be hiding out inside with eagerness to set up for their respected parties and celebrations. Drove all the way out near Rockford on some back roads with a friend from out of town. Nice day, a woman in a red Volvo stationwagon of all people recognized the car and gave a thumbs up in approval.

RocketBoy

4. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I got to see a 612 at LFSC a couple of months ago. There was a guy there taking delivery I believe. That was the first one I had ever seen. It is very different looking I will say that. Not sure if people will know it's a Ferrari unless you get up close. The prancing horse says it all!

Vince C.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man....as much as the Warmer Temps.Tempt me to take her for a spin...(The Car,too....:) ) There is still way too much Road Salt---either it be Wet...RoadSalt Spray...:( Or Dry...RoadSalt Dust churning up and into all of the litle Spots,and hiding underneath my Car...:(

So,until all of this Crappy,Dirty,Hard,Blackish-Gray,Polluted,Garbage Ridden,Toxic Snow on the Sides of the roads completely melts. And,we get a good soaking Rain or Two. I just can't do it....I Can't.......

Oh Yeah...It hurts...It really does...But,I just can't do it....:(

(That last sentence was my attempt at Acting...No,I never actually "Acted" in a Movie...but I was an Extra a few times...:) )

6. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Hey Frank I took out my 308 sat am to a financial appointment. It was all clean but after putting it on the road that early the car picked up the "dampness" of the road, on the way home the roads were dry. I stopped at a u do it car wash and gave her a scrub and put her away. I was not going to take it but my wife said I should drive the car and she was right as it is a good sales tool. I closed the case and also got to, "remember, WE DRIVE" . Well worth the time to clean it up for just a couple of hours.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Believe me....when I clean my car,I am starting out with,basically,an already clean Car. And it still takes all day...sometimes into the next. But,when that icky stuff gets way up underneath your car,and into all sorts of spaces and crevaces,a Spray Wash will not get up,and into all of those under the car. And,a Drive through Car Wash,with the "Under Car Spray" is a definite "No No"...So,I will just wait...patiently....and Drive when the Roads get clean. We DO Drive...But,I don't when it can potentailly cause damage to my Car...:( I can wait....These old cars have ZERO Rust protection...:(

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    New Bentley GT. Grey. Headed Eastbound on RT.56,in Oakbrook Terrace,turning left onto Butterfield Rd. at 3:00PM today. Looked nice.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Black Alfa Romeo Milano, headed Eastbound on Roosevelt Rd.in Oakbrook Terrace around 5:00PM. Don't see many of those anymore....

10. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I'd bet money that was Peter Webb, who is organizing the Autobahn track event. He has a very sharp (and very fast) black Milano.

11. Spotted a mondial coupe on the on ramp going north on the edens this morning it was right by fields bmw/jeep I cant remember the street I was going south and it caught the corner of my eye.

12. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Last weekend- a new Viper, that bright orange red; an Aston Martin convertible; several new Bentleys; and one of those new International SUV's (huge doesn't begin to describe it). Overall a nice weekend in Monterey.

13. I also seen a Black Aston Martin Vanquish going south on the edens yesterday was a guy in his mid 30's-40's driving. Car looked stunning stuck in traffic.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sebastian. Was that Mondial Coupe,Silver,by Chance? We've seen an ad in the Sunday Trib Auto Section selling a Silver Coupe. I saw one over by P.J. Clarkes one night. Kind of thinking that it is the same car....?

15. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    spotted 2 black Conti Gt's the other night. One downtown, one near my house.
    or were they the same car? I'm confused lol.

-mike

16. This Mondial was actually in Rosso Corsa. It was very clean and looked awkward amongst the salt covered regulars on the highway.

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Spotted! A red 328, right there in my garage. Damn near forgot I had it... Might have to consider re-activating the insurance.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I took a peek under my Car Cover in the garage. That super shiny Red just lit up the Garage....:) February is almost over.....:)

19. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw the Maser QP on the road today for the first time. Looks better in person than in magazines, ( as it looks terribly like a particular Buick or Olds. ) Same color as everything we seen in the press, silver/blue with tan interior. I was quite impressed. Had Luxury Motor plates and was on Lake-Cook I believe turning on Rt 14? Would rather get the new M5 and/or E55 than a car that most 80 year olds are known for.

RocketBoy

20. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    the one they had at the autoshow was quite nice. the seats were very comfortable. the rear was also no smaller than by parent's aformentioned "particular Buick" hehe....

-mike

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    When we saw Mario Andretti at the Auto Show last week. (And,got our pix taken with him,Autographs,Etc...:) ) He and his "Posse" came over to the Ferrari/Maserati Booth. He was really checking out the Quattroporte....

22. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    A friend of mine's dad works for Archipelago, he actually might own it. You may know that archipelago sponsored a car for Mario, i believe, if not Michael. They have a lot of memerobilia including nose cones from cars in their basement. Pretty cool.

23. Onesto308

Onesto308 Rookie

Jul 30, 2004
    NW 'Burbs of Chicago
    Last night in the parking lot of that restaurant/bar, Brass, right next to AMC off of Barrington Road there was a Black RR Phantom and a clean white Continental GT. Pretty nice.

24. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    bluish conti gt near our favorite buddies at bentley gold coast. see too many around. oh and a nice maserati coupe.

-mike

25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Did winter last this long last year? Ach!

Has anyone driven these Bentley GT's? Has anyone taken their Fcar out lately? The snow is making me sad.

RocketBoy