Winter Spotters | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Winter Spotters

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    Was at my aunt's house in DeKalb yesterday and their neighbor owns a Porsche 911 Carrera. I don't know if you guys still consider that an exotic.

2. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Saw a new silver Audi S6 yesterday here in streeterville. It looks very unemarkable - even for a subtle hot rod from Audi. Maybe the RS6 will be better.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Drove the 308 again yesterday.

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Around 1:45 there was a Maybach, Flying Spur, and Qport within 10 seconds of eachother at Willow and Shermer Rd. in Glenview.

5. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Beautiful Black Esprit near Rockford, IL...It was almost dark outside, but It looked great and sounded the part!

6. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Red 360 spider going north on 31 south of Richmond on Sunday.... if you're on this site, I was the guy who waved on the bike:)

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Not exactly "exotic" but rare, and lots of HP
    new S65 on 94 today.... why not get the Bently if you are spending that kind of dough? Granted, the AMGs are incredible machines...

8. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Saw a S65 too today in Oak Brook. And about 5 minutes later, the new CL550.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, we were out in Scottsdale, Arizona for the past 2 weeks. VERY disappointing as for any "Exotics" out and about on the street...

We arrived Tuesday, December 26th in the AM. And within an hour, we saw an older lady coming into the parkling lot at the Restaraunt that we were at in a Silver 360 Spider with a Dark Blue top. I thought "WOW! A Ferrari within the first hour! This trip should be great!" That ended up being the ONLY Ferrari that we saw out on the street that whole trip! (2 weeks before all of the Arizona auctions, BTW....) We saw a very cool "Sublime" colored '71 Plymouth GTX just around the corner at Scottsdale Rd. & Lincoln Av. But as far as Exotic Cars....Nothing! NOTHING!!! LOTS of Porsches and new C6 Corvettes, (Not " 'Exotic' Cars" IMO.... But 'Sportscars'....)

We stopped at "Motorsports of Scottsdale" Exotic Car and Lamborghini dealer. Great place! Awesome Black Murcielago Spider. Orange Gallardo Spyder. Silver Diablo Roadster. A Few Ferrari's, and 2 Spyker Spyders, which are Very Cool....but very small...( I'll post some pix.)

We also stopped by a small place called "the Toy Box" They had a few cool cars, including a Brand New looking Maserati Mistral, absolutely Spotless Black with a brand new looking original interior....And...it had a 289 COBRA engine in it!

We stopped by Ferrari of Scottsdale. They had a couple 430's, including a Spider. But no older Ferrari's.

But I didn't get a chance to stop by Scottsdale Lotus. They have a new location, and always have a great selection of Exotics. Next trip.

I also found a place that rents Motorcycles there. Yeah, there are a few of them around that do, but this place had everything from Dirt Bikes, Sand rails, 4 wheel ATV's, Harleys-everything from a new Night Train, to Full Baggers, Super Custom Choppers, BMW Full Dressers....everything! If anyone is going out there, let me know and I will give you their info. Quite reasonably priced, too!

Oh well...Maybe this week and next, some the Exotic Cars will all be out driving around with Barrett-Jackson, R&M, and all of the other Arizona Auctions going on....But most likely the Old Cars, Classics, Muscle cars, etc...

BTW.....I got a "Barrett-Jackson sneak peek" in one of my Monthly's last month.....only 4 Ferrari's up for auction! And, nothing "exciting" either.

R&M Auctions has 2 "Norwood" 288 GTO's, including a land speed record holder, and Bob Norwoods personal car.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Friday am,3 Flying Spurs in opposite directions (2 vs 1) on Westleigh in Lake Forest.
    Close behind,a Silver Carrera GT.
    I was just scratching my head,with these super expensive cars more popular then your typical Accord or Camry here....

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Friday afternoon north bound on Franklin: Silver Maser Quattroporte

I still can't get over that silly name. :)

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Maybe silly but at least everyone who doesn't know how to count to 4, will know the number of doors in that car.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I recently read a brief review on Maser history and apparently there was a quattroporte in the past. So trying to connect to that, they reused the name.

14. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    #89 Michael RPM, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here'e an early one. Saw one on Thursday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #90 absent, Jan 14, 2007
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I know it's crazy, but I love those rectangular lights. I always loved the Biturbo as a style. I prefer the edgy forms so much more to today's wind tunnel smooth egglike shapes. Guess I'm forever lost to the eighties. :)

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Good time to buy one... several biturbo's around, all for 3-6K

18. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    RR Phantom in front of The Drake Hotel, Sunday morning.

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    A Flying Spur I see all of the time on Willow Rd. Anyones?

20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #95 absent, Jan 17, 2007
    If it's Saphire Blue with Mulliner wheels then it's my wife...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I like that color! But no, this is Moonbeam.

22. ErikV10

ErikV10 Formula 3

Oct 30, 2006
    I had a dentist appointment today in Bloomingdale and I saw this Bentley Continental GT pass by. Color was light blue.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It must be the January deep freeze when we start mentioning Bentley's in the spotters thread. :(

So here it goes: Today 12:15pm two tone Rolls Royce on LSD. Complete with Emily. The chauffeur looked like straight out of a Poupon's commercial (or Graf Yoster for our German friends).

24. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Saw an old RR (mid 70s / early 80s?) blue with dark blue vinyl roof. Also saw a yellow Gallardo south bound on LSD this evening. Some loud dark blue 997? with a large wing - maybe a GT3? North bound on LSD just before I saw the Gallardo.