Winter Spotters | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Winter Spotters

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    A titanium Murci on northbound I55 near LaGrange Rd at about 4:30 today.

2. ferrarilover88

ferrarilover88 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    D. Ward
    Bingo!

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    TDF 430 Spider on Pearson next to Water Tower around noon today.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    White Maser Quattroporte in rush hour traffic in the Loop today.

5. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I saw a really interesting thing yesterday. I saw a black (or dark blue) Testarossa, I was clearly a kit car but it looked pretty good and sounded great.

6. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Saw the same one on Michigan Ave at about 5pm same day.

7. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    a white diablo spotted today at plainfield rd and county line road in Burr Ridge@5pm-nice to see a lamborghini being driven this time of year!!!-Some of the houses in that area continue to amaze me.

8. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    I've been seeing a Maserati GranTurismo on Washington and 95th street in Naperville. Also a red 360 Modena, an Exige, some gransports, there too recently. I go to school at Benedictine right there. Always have exotics driving past my school. F430 coupes and spyders, few different murcies and gallardos always around College and maple/chicago ave. Also a Quattroporte and a couple bentley continentals in my subdivision in Aurora always driving through snow. Numerous 911's including turbos.

I was in Oakbrook a few weeks back for mcat class and saw a Black 599. I was like omfg. It was cold as hell out. It was turning in front of me off 31st street onto St. Paschal Drive. Is that person on here?

That road in Oakbrook btw is a lot of fun but really short. Only a few corners. I was pushing my jag through there and there was a SL55 on my ass. One of the better roads I've seen. I wish we had better driving roads around here.

9. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Oh and by far the most common exotics I see out during winter every year are the lambos. Always out. Especially this Yellow Murcie with tinted tail lights. I used to see him almost twice a week sometimes.

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Hey, do you know Bobby Corey? He was a student at Benedictine and is now playing football in France.

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I hope Audi does a good job at rust proofing.

12. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    That was my 599 you saw. It had finally stopped snowing. Roads were relatively dry and I took it out for half an hour to keep the battery charged. Have never used a battery charger. Also like to drive Spring road between 31st and York. Saw black 430 on Madison just north of Plainfield yesterday while on a drive. Waved to each other but have no idea who it is.

13. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Well it's nice to spot someone who is on this forum. Nice car. :) I was sitting there at the light in my silver jaguar x-type waiting to turn left onto 31st. You looked at me but I don't think you'll remember. It's been a while.

I don't know how long you let it sit. But I drove a 360 Challenge Stradale 2 summers ago and we left that car unplugged for probably 6 hours and went back to start it and it was dead. So hopefully newer Ferrari's can hold their charge better. But that CS was my dream car ever since it was released and I can't believe I got to drive it when I was 19! The sound is even better in person than on youtube videos. I cannot thank the owner enough.

14. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    No I do not know him. I looked him up on facebook just now but I don't remember seeing him around.

BTW Kids at my school drive some really nice cars. Most of the kids commute and half the lot is Bimmers, benzes, audis, 2 Cayennes (including a turbo), 5 Range Rovers. The kids also drive their parents cars occasionally as I've seen a Bentley Continental Flying Spur there quite a bit. A kid here drove a 911 Turbo to school everyday no matter the weather. He graduated 2 years ago. Saw an Aston Martin DB9 parked in the parking lot last fall. Also a kid brought a yellow gallardo to school. There was a red F430 parked in the lot last fall also. A friend of mine also brought his mom's R8 about 2 months back. I think that's pretty good for a college. lol

15. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I try to take my car out at least once every 7 to ten days in the winter to keep a good battery. (Not a problem in the summer time!) I understand that the newer batteries can last months. But no way to know for sure. I've been told that if the battery goes dead on these babies it really scrambles the ecu's and everything needs to be reset at the dealer. Why take the chance?Next time take a right on 31st and just past the firestation copshop on your left and thru the lite you will see the green Spring road sign on your right.(less than 1mile) Take it and eventually it will take you to York. Very,very Nice! Lots of twisties and hills but keep your eyes open and watch your speed. Lots of bikes and foot traffic across from the park. I agree, its nice to see another f chat member. I've always been tempted to ask at various track days who is a member but always punk out afraid I'd look stupid asking . I'll keep my eyes open and maybe we will run into each other again sometime.

16. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Blue 550 or 575 (not sure which) going westbound Roosevelt at West in Wheaton today at 2:45 PM. Heard it before I saw it and I was caught at a red light so no pics!

17. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I've had my 599 plugged into the battery tender; although Scott tells me they've had problems with them mine has worked beautifully.

18. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Dark blue Maserati Granturismo S (could tell from the wide single exhaust pipes), around 13:10 on 75st street, Naperville, just after Ranchview. Is this anyone from Ferrarichat? Gorgeous car.

19. smoney

smoney Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    on 2-10(@6:00pm)-a white nissan gtr driven by very young guy(19-22yrs old) spotted at mobile1 gas station at Naper and Ogden Ave in Naperville

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Which one are you using? If it's the Ferrari one, yes they've had issues.. CTEK is better.

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Aftermarket battery tenders work great. I've bought mine from JC Whitney and Harbor Freight for under $20. Remove the Alligator clips and attach a cigarette lighter adapter. Then, just plug the tramsformer into an outlet and the other end into the lighter socket. Some OEM maintainers don't work as good as the aftermarket cheap ones

Make sure you purchase a maintainer that floats.

22. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I use the OEM one (which I've noticed is identical to the one Aston Martin supplies with the DBS.) Whatever problems others have had, mine works well.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Black Murcielago Northbound I-94 in Wilmette around 5pm yesterday.

24. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hey - you guys are playin' in my backyard! (Or vice versa.) Spring Road between 31st and York, Jorie Blvd Between 31st and 22nd, St. Paschal's Drive from 31st to Pasquenelli, Route 83 Northbound and Southbound on-ramps from 55th street - all nice spots to hit in the area. However - watch for Oakbrook and Clarendon Hills Police hiding on the on-ramps and after the bridges on Rt. 83.

25. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    One more off the top of my head. Route 83 towards Palos and past 111th. 83 veers right into the park district. Lots of hills, trees and country driving. Be careful. Police like to set up the occasional speed trap.