Winter Storage | FerrariChat

Winter Storage

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Karl, Nov 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Karl

Karl Rookie

Nov 2, 2004
    Naperville, IL. USA
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hey guys I'm new to the list and a 75-308GT4. Can you guys please share ideas on winter storage locations? I have a few cars and JUST lost my storage spots just before winter. I'd like to find a location anywhere in the Chicagoland area but out West off I88 or I55 would be ideal.

I do have one heated spot that can fit 5 cars but I'd need two more cars to make it worth the money.

Karl

2. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I don't know about storage, but welcome, anyway. I am a big fan of the 308GT4, and I'm glad to see someone in the area has one! I hope you will come out to some of the driving events next year.

Chuck King
    87 Maserati Biturbo Spyder

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome Karl.

Awesome wheels on that GT/4!
    :)

Chuck, it's a funny thing about the GT/4. They have become almost extinct and just last week we got two new ones in Chicagoland: Karl's and one owned by a lady in Evanston, whom I invited to our drives and events.

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Andreas -
    I work in Evanston, send me the persons name/e-mail/ or whatever... I'd like to meet her!

5. Karl

Karl Rookie

Nov 2, 2004
    Naperville, IL. USA
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks all on the welcome.

As for space.. I am in serious need now. The warehouse where I keep the car now is giving me till Nov 30th. No way to extend or renew the contract unfortunately.

Yes Andreas those are very nice wheels on the GT4;-) It sould bring a new meaning when you say to me, "Can I borrow your wheels". I am looking for yet more 16" wheels so if anyone out there has any...... They do not need to be perfect. I can repair road rash.

By the way I am also very interested in meeting "wrench" types here in the Chicagoland area. I'm new to the GT4 and it would be nice to discuss a project list for my car to get Dino perfect. I also need to know the evil ways of the Ferrari V8.

By the way is it OK for a car to have a guys name? All my cars have ladies names, but Dino seems to make sense for the GT4.

K

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Join us at the X-mas party on December 4. Normally a lot of wrench people at that one.

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Karl -
    ever heard of the Lotus Corps?

8. Karl

Karl Rookie

Nov 2, 2004
    Naperville, IL. USA
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Oh great! Yet another club to get into;-)
    Funny you should mention a Lotus club. I have a 74 Twink (Europa) project as well. But that car I can rebuild without much trouble it's so simple. In fact my re-re-re-engineering list on that car is longer than the restoration checklist.

Spike are the folks there aware of any storage areas?

K

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Karl -
    I doubt the Lotus Corps would be much help with storage, but you never know. It is a great group of guys that love to wrench. I have kept my brothers 78 S1 since 2001 when we got it (he lives overseas). The car would not be running if it was not for the Lotus Corps. We spent 9 hours in March changing the timing belts on it... all free of charge... with the guys. They have a great track day each year... take all comers. I took the S1 2 years ago, brought my 308 this past year. Check'em out... best $15 you will spend!

10. Karl

Karl Rookie

Nov 2, 2004
    Naperville, IL. USA
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Spike-
    Sounds like my kind of guys. Thanks for the heads up.