Winter Tyres 488 Pista | FerrariChat

Winter Tyres 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by leopoldo, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Any recommendations?

thanks!

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari themselves propose the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4, 235/35 R20 92W front, 285/35 R20 104W rear - of course they'll be cheaper when sourced on the "open market".

3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Thanks mate

4. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Are you actually going to drive a Pista in winter conditions?! Much respect (and a little concern )

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mkraft3003 likes this.
  5. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

An alternative is if you are only driving in the cold and not snow, you can buy all seasons. More choices and a lot cheaper than winters. That’s what I did on f12 and where rating for continental DWS is very good and wet etc by not deep snow.

Drive it hard and often!

6. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    I believe Pirelli Sottozeros have a tire that will fit and the Pirellis have been amazing for me in the past (NSX and 911). I plan to purchase a set for my F8 when it comes in and I can confirm the correct size.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Pirelli Sottozeros were proposed for the 488 GTB, and the sizes are exactly the same between the GTB and the Pista - so the Sottozeros advised by Ferrari for the GTB should fit the Pista without any issue.
    In the end the choice will be between the Pirelli Sorrozero and the Michelin Alpin, unlike the summer tyres they are not specific to Ferrari - so my guess is that for the ones interested, looking on the web for comparison between both is the way to go.
    Ferrari apparently moving from Pirelli to Michelin could be more for marketing reasons than technical ones, so like in everything one needs to do his homework to decide....

8. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Yap ... the spider one ;)

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Do you get much snow? Or are you only going to drive it when the roads are clear?

I may be the only person in the World that drives a 800hp Dodge Challenger Demon in the snow. And I mean snow on the roads, it’s my daily driver.

Ash Patel likes this.