Wiper Service Position | FerrariChat

Wiper Service Position

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by TransientWolf, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TransientWolf

TransientWolf Rookie

Mar 15, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Darren Jones-Molyneux
    Is there a service position mode for the windscreen wipers to move them out of the park position and enable them to be pulled away from the windscreen for washing? Or do you just have to turn the ignition off mid wipe?

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Good to bring that up! Indeed, how do you get those arms fully off to make it easier to clean the blades, clean the windshield underneath, or change the blades? I have a feeling you swing them off the windshield when the hood is fully open. Okay, so the arms still can't stay off the windshield by themselves when swung under an opened hood, but at least there is room for a slightly bigger range of motion.

3. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I changed the blades in position, it’s easy. Got some Denso blades for about £20 each delivered instead of the £90 each Ferrari wanted with their box tax! The Denso are the oem ones so obviously fine to fit.

R J and otakki like this.
  4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Do you have Denso's part # for FF? Is there an online website to find that info?...Can't find Ferrari on Denso's website.

Outrun likes this.
  5. Outrun

Outrun Karting

DUR-043R is the passenger side, DU-070R is the driver side.

The number refers to the length in cm, obviously the driver side is much longer. My car is right hand drive but there is no reason why they won’t be the same in left hand drive.

I paid £20.24 for the driver side delivered and £11.09 for the passenger one. Got them on uk eBay from Opieoils who are a very well known oil supplier.

Ferrari wanted nearly £200 for the ones in the cardboard boxes with little horses on them....

bluesea, otakki and R J like this.
  6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    otakki likes this.
  7. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    For LHD FF, same part number but change the R at the end of the number to an L.

megamarco9, otakki and Outrun like this.
  8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Thanks! Not sure what's the difference between RHD and LHD wiper blades. I found Opieoils ebay site but it does not carry the LHD versions. I see there are other UK sellers that will ship international.

I tried to cross-reference the same product here in the US (LHD). Using Denso's e-catalogue on other vehicles that use the same part #, I believe early 2000 (I picked 2002) Toyota Prius in the US has the same passenger side blade; and I believe 2010+ (I picked 2012) Toyota Pirus C in the US has the same driver side blade. So going to a Toyota dealer in the US might be a viable option to get an oem Denso blade. Hey, there is a Toyota dealer here in my town.

Denso's US site lists common auto part stores, ie Advance Auto Parts, O'Reilly, as distributors. Interestingly, I found FF and other Fcars on some of those part stores' websites, but they don't show Denso blades. The listed blade lengths are correct at oem length of 28"/17" (16" also listed as similar), but I'm not sure how well other wiper brands will fit.

I guess I'll have to remove and bring my oem blade one of these day while I drive around town to see what I can find.

9. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I think it will be orientation of the plastic housing. They are kind of spoiler shaped plastic, as you will know, and I suspect the moulding shape is designed to keep the blades down at speed. They will likely be mirror images of each other for right hand drive versus left hand drive.

Definitely the oem parts from Denso which is Toyota tuning arm so it make sense that they fit some toyotas as well. It’s amusing that our FFs have the same blades as a Prius. It would be nice to have the same consumption......

otakki likes this.
  10. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Denso is second largest auto parts supplier, I don't think they've been a part of Toyota for a while

11. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Upon Googling, you are correct although Toyota stills owns over 30% of them.

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    #12 otakki, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Indeed, they have this more beveled edge towards the front to help with the aero. Yesterday evening, I found those blades are easy to take off with the wiper arm slightly lifted off the windshield

Yes, the dealer also mentioned nearly US $200 to replace them at my last service. I think all car dealers offer it at every maintenance. Wiper blade replacement has to be one of the most, if not the highest, marked up items at dealers, considering how easy it is to remove and install them.

I haven't done an actual fitting, but I'm fairly sure the Denso part # in the US are 160-3128, 160-3117. The connector spec is the same: 9 x 3 hook. "28" and "17" at the end of US Denso part # are, of course, the length in inches. Everything in the US is LHD so that shouldn't be an issue. Same wipers # for California, 458, F12, and some 612. If the rear wiper is the same style and connector, just change the last 2 numbers: 160-31XX.

Still no need to replace mine yet. Maybe someone in the US needing to replace his/hers can do so with those part # and report back.

13. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    What manufacturer wiper dose Ferrari FF come with time to replace now..

14. Outrun

Outrun Karting

See my post a few above for the part numbers. They are made by Denso and easy to source for not a lot of money provided you don’t need a Ferrari box and the associated tax.

15. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Thanks just put in the order..

16. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Very helpful!

SV
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have been replacing wiper blades for over 50 years now and have never looked or even heard of a park position for service. If there is such a thing I feel pretty stupid fighting with them for so long. :oops:

18. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Mine just arrived they are identical to the ones that came with the car ..

19. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Did you order them from the States or from Europe?

20. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Amazon , US. $37.

otakki likes this.
  21. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    in the US are 160-3128, 160-3117. Denso.

otakki likes this.
  22. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I was able to buy just the rubber refill from the parts desk at Toyota. The driver's side is the same as a 2011 Toyota Sienna (28") and the refill was $9.95 CAD, p/n 85124-08050. I can't find a Toyota with a 17" wiper that is the same Denso style, so no luck getting an insert from Toyota for the passenger side.

otakki likes this.
  23. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Is it easy to swap the rubber refill? Any tips on doing so?

24. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Easy to do. I’d bet if you brought the wiper to a Toyota parts desk they’d even do it for you!

Here’s how it’s done.

otakki likes this.
  25. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    #25 otakki, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Using the online site from post #6 above and the part number DUR-043L. Two latest Toyota's that can take the exact same 17" Denso wipers are:
    TOYOTA PRIUS (W1) (00-04)
    TOYOTA RAV 4 III (05-13)
    But not sure if those two use as OEM the same style Denso Hybrid wipers as FF/F12...probably not from pics of vehicles for sale online.

The list also shows a long list of other vehicles, but at least I know now that Toyota sells blade inserts. I wonder which other car makers on that list here in North America do the same.
    SUBARU OUTBACK (15-) is on the 17" list as well and pics of it appear to use the same Denso Hybrid wipers. The question is, does Subaru sells inserts?