wireless dsl internet security? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

wireless dsl internet security?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ernie, Apr 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Well I went back in and changed the user name and password again, just in case the bunghole got ahold of the other one. But this time I had the dsl router on, I left the ethernet cable plugged into it, but again I unplugged the one going to the phone jack in the wall. Any thoughs on how to figure out why the browser does that when I try to get into the modem to change things, and if possible how to stop it?

Randy thanks so much for all the help, and you too Stephen.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I wouldnt worry too much about the flashing, it would probably be an autorefresh, or perhaps a popup blocker was causing issues, or a browser issue itself (internet explorer vs. netscape or mozilla).

so... disable popup blocker (yahoo? google toolbar) for that site, or use a different browser: www.mozilla.org (firefox) or www.nescape.com

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I just installed Mozilla. It's kind of different but I'll get used to it. I do like that you can view the page source.

Thanks again for all the help Randy.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    you can view the page source in either browser. but mozilla seems to be faster, and also right click - open in new tab, works very well instead of IE-bloatware.

you are welcome.