Wiring diagram Ghibli II | FerrariChat

Wiring diagram Ghibli II

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jens76, May 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Hi all
    I am new to this forum and I hope to find some helpfull enthusists. My current problem is with my 1997 Ghibli.

Since a while ago the LH front parking light and one of the LH rear lights (5W bulb) only comes on occasionally. These two bulbs are the same once being activated by the "emergency parkning" switch on the steering column. They do work if I switch that on but not through the automatic functions during normal driving conditions.

I would much appreciate some assistance or even better to find out where I can find a full wiring diagram for the car. Thanks in advance
    Best Regards Jens

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Jens,

I suggest you post your question at the BiturboZentrum group in Yahoo Groups as there are many people there with good knowledge of the Biturbo era cars.

I had problems with the parking lights on a 1989 spyder and after much searching the culprit was a faulty diode. It is possible the 1997 Ghibli II uses the same circuitry since I also have the emergency parking switch on the steering column.
    Around the fuse box are four plug in "relays". The one on the top right is actually not a relay but three diodes. For every diode, check the resistance in each direction using a multimeter. One my car one diode was bad.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Hi Ivan
    Thanks for the prompt reply, I am very happy to have found a Maserati forum that is alive :). And thanks for the tip. I will check it as soon as possible, tonight if I am allowed out of the house :). Are you talking about the fuse box on the LH in the trunk? There is supposed to be some kind of diode device there. Thanks for the picture as well It really looks like a relay and not like its illustrated in the parts catalogue. Ill let you know how it goes.
    Br Jens

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Jens,

Does your fuse box look like the one in this photo? In this photo I placed a relay where the diodes box is normally plugged in. On my car the fuse box is located on the right hand side behind the glove box. I am not familiar with a Ghibli II as they were not originally imported into the USA.

Ivan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Hi
    I managed to have a few minutes in the garage last night. I located the diode box in the rear left fuse box, took it out and ripped it apart. Just as you suggested one of the diodes was unserveciable. I will let you know as soon as I have found a replacement and installed it but I have very high hopes for this. I am not sure exactly what the fuse box looks like, its tucked in deep in the rear left wheel arch.
    Br Jens

6. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Hi Ivan
    I have replaced the faulty diode and the problem is solved. Thank you soo much for your help, I really appreciate it.
    Br Jens

wax likes this.
  7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The Ghiblis have very different fuse panels a couple of them. +1 on going to Biturbozentrum. Try Enrico's Maserati website as well. The QPIV got a full service manual but the Ghibli II shares some of that and I think it's electrical is quite different. :(

Here are some downloads.

http://quattroporte.online.fr/qp_iv_tech_manual.htm

8. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Thank you very much. I have downloaded that before but didnt manage to install/unzip it correctly,dont remember why though. Is there a wiring in that .rar bunch?
    Br Jens

9. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    For the Ghibli II cars I doubt it. But do have a look.

I bought an entire set of the three ring binder service manuals when Eurospares was clearing them out on behalf of the factory.
    I bought them for my Ghibli Open Cup car and an awful lot of the superfluous equipment was removed for that car so I never really go into much of the wiring harnesses other than for the dual ECUs and engine compartment.

Have you contacted Enrico via his website yet? He might know where there's an actual PDF of one. Tell him Bob from USA with the GOC suggested you contact him. Maybe he can do something for you.

10. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Thank you Bob
    I did send my initial question to Enrico to be posted on his site. He replied he wanted pics and my VIN. I told him I would send him the pics as I got back home and also asked how I could navigate and search his questions/answers post but havent heard from him since, it was a few weeks ago or so. Since I didnt get a reply I dint send any pics or VIN either.
    Br Jens

11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Did you specifically ask about the wiring diagram and service manual? He gets a lot of emails. You might want to think of the photos and a vin# as priming the pump ... ;)
    He makes zero money running that website.

Being convivial and polite goes much further than just taking ...

12. Jens76

Jens76 Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jens
    Yes, I asked if he would post my two questions on his site, maybe he just have had too many emails. I guess I will just have to take my time to snap some pics and find the VIN for him :).