Wisconsin Drive Event! April 18th Details | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wisconsin Drive Event! April 18th Details

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Dave, I will let you know by noon Friday whether I am going. I left for Orlando last week thinking I had settled a trial and I get back today and all hell had broken loose with my client screaming bloody murder. If I have to try this case on Monday, then I can't attend. I am very disappointed but still hopeful things will be resolved. Thank you Dave.

2. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Mike, hopefully the case isn't about bloody murder! What kind of attorney are you? We have a need for someone with entertainment/copyright law experience, as well as getting some standard contracts put together. Our company does classic movie & TV show restoration which end up on DVD or being rebroadcast. Call me or drop an email to [email protected]

Sean McKee
    Screen Time Images
    847-534-9000

3. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    This drive sounds like a blast. Although I am still in the "research" phase of Ferrari ownership, I did join FOC and I was planning to come and follow discreetly in a more mundane vehicle, but it turns out the parents are coming in from out of town to visit this weekend, so that's out. However, my dad is a bit of a car guy and has been following my Ferrari investigations with some interest... I think we're going to try to come by the meeting place to say hi. He (and I) would love to see everyone's cars, and I would like to finally put faces to the screen names.

So, hopefully we'll see you Sunday, although we won't be coming on the drive.

Chuck King

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I was joking when I said I might have to bring the Hummer if I am able to attend, but given the weather reports that looks like it actually may be a good idea...

Good to see a large group promising participation. The car type tally is 1 512TR, 1 360 convertible, 1 kit car GTO, and the rest 3x8's?

Will the rain delay date be posted on Saturday?

Rocketboy

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think Dave plans on posting the go/nogo on Saturday.

Who has the 360?

6. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Andreas,

I am not sure but given his profile, 575Mike has one doesn't he? Not trying to step on your toes Mike. Just a little curious to imagine what this Wisconsin crew will look like.

RocketBoy

PS: Has anyone heard from Skip lately?

7. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Rocketboy,
    I'm kinda worried about Skip too - will try and call him... I think last I heard from him was the 4th..
    not 100% sure what cars we'll bring - I just got in from the garage trying to reassemble some things on the red replica.. Kim's white one is ready for the drive, maybe Haley drives the red, Kim drives the white replica and I drive the blue Lambo.. I dunno we'll bring something - between 1 and 3 cars.. depending too on the weather.. Lambo doesn't go out in the rain, the other two do - and the rebodied 12 cyl car is still in final stages of paint - then comes reassembly..

Chelle

8. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Skip is having computer problems. The cyber jocks in India (Microsoft techs)
    are working on bailing him out. So far they haven't found a solution.

9. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    He's okay - just computer trouble : )

Chelle

10. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    on Phone with him but ya beat me to it Dave : )
    Chelle

11. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello everyone. I plan to attend if we have a "go" given the weather. Do you know the route yet? Thanks!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes. Check the very first post of this thread.

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, weather depending of course, even though rain doesn't hurt these cars too much....

Dave, you can go ahead and put me on the confired list. Was going to be in Michigan saturday and posibly sunday, looks like we will be comming home saturday night, so, will be able to make the drive.

Looking forward to it, i', off today and i'm takeing the baby out in a little bit... :) Hopefully sunday is like today.... Looks iffy though.....

Tod

14. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Here's what the Weather Channel predicts for Sunday, both the Chicago area & Lake Geneva Wi:
    -Isolated thunder storms/wind. High of 79 deg. Chance of rain 30% during the day, increasing at night.

WGN's Tom Skilling predicts:
    -High of 84 deg. Potentially 2004's warmest to date ! Powerful SSW winds. Sunshine, windy, higher humidity. T-storms may hold off until late night.

Just goes to prove predicting weather is an art, not a science.

As of right now, I'd like to keep the event a "GO". If the chance of rain increases, we can pull the plug on the event, and reschedule for the following Sunday. Is everyone ok with that ?

I hope to confirm the weather situation by Saturday evening. So, stay tuned, and check the thread as early as Sunday morning before you leave for our meeting place. You never know about Chicago weather!

Dave

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That is true. I thought that we'd wake up to Rain this Morning. Upon further inspection. ;) It looked like maybe a small Sprinkle overnight,but because it's been so Dry,(Tom said that we haven't had any Rain for 3 weeks now.) It all Evaporated....

So,hopefully,same for Tommorow.Just have to see what it looks like in the A.M. Both Junior and I are "Stoked"....:) Looking forward to it,tomorrow...:) He got to ride his Dirt Bike today,all Afternoon. Now,we are ready for some Ferrari Driving Time.

BTW...We are bringing 2 - 2 way radios along,with Fresh Batteries in them.

16. I won't be able to go on the drive, but I'll try to stop by and check all the cars out and take some pics. Hopefully you guys will stick around for a bit, as I probably won't be there 10:30am sharp.

17. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    We still have a "GO" for tomorrow as long as Harry Volkman & Tom Skilling are correct for Sunday's forecast.
    Volkman said on his weather report tonight, "If you liked today's weather, you will love tomorrow".
    Let's hope Harry's ahead of the curve...

Dave

18. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Just got back from Kalamazoo MI with my baby, drove out there this morning with the top off and we just got back this evening. Driving home we could see hundreds of stars in the sky, nive view.

Let all hope for good weather sunday morning. I just looked at the weather radar myself, it is currently showing a warm front traveling from the west to the east going through mid wisconson. Ussuallt severe thunderstorms are associated with these fronts. Lets hope this from shifts more Northerly than southerly over our plannd route. I will check again in the morning too, i thought about bringing my laptop with my wireless card and have continuous weather radar feed... :)

I may call flight service in the am too, sometimes get a different opinion from them????

19. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Looks like a nice day for a drive. See you at the oasis !

Dave

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    10:30AM We will be there. Will leave at 09:30AM,so will be there on time...

Now,the only question left...Topless or Not? It's going to be nice,but Windy they said. I'll see when it's time to leave. I cant stow my Top behind the seat,as I am too tall.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    IT'S A GO!

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'M BACK!

Sheesh, ya couldn't have waited until next Sunday! :(

23. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Well........at least I know it wasn't a real party without me there! :)

24. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    you were missed Skip!
    Chelle

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks Dave for putting this nice drive together. Thanks to all who participated.

Great turnout and nice mix of cars: 308, 328, 355, 360 and of course the two GTOs, the couple of Vettes and Norm's 512TR, who wins the "virtual 12 cylinder award" this time.

I will post some pictures, got some potential candidates for next year's calendar.