wolfmans, unique Formula One “Schumacher” collection | Page 2 | FerrariChat

wolfmans, unique Formula One “Schumacher” collection

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by WOLFMAN, Jun 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alfred tiegler

alfred tiegler Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    This is the best thread I have seen in the longest time. 1996 was an exciting year for the Tifosi. Schumacher's presence changed everything for la Scuderia- the oldest continuous Formula one Team. Ferrari had gotten to the point where they were celebrating just getting on the podium- let alone the extremely rare win. ......but then came Michael Schumacher......

Thank you Wolfman, for telling the most important story in Ferrari history ( in Formula One history-- for that matter) like no one else on this earth can-in miniature 3 dimension. Your collection belongs in a motorsport Hall of Fame somewhere.

2. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Gee wiz Alfred, what can I say……Thank you for the kind words!
    I just like to show my “Schumacher collection” to all Fchatter’s interested in Ferrari Formula One Cars and there history.
    Most folks don’t have an idea what BBR and others had produced on fine F1 models and sets in the past years. (Except the hard core collectors, they know!).

By no means is my collection 100% completed, but finding the missing link is pretty hard and expensive these days. So I built my own models for completion.
    I will continue showing F1 models/sets for the upcoming years 1998-2006 when Schumacher retired as the greatest driver with seven world titles, no other driver ever accomplished.
    Maybe Michael is watching this thread two, who knows? One can dream…..right!
    wolfman

3. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #28 WOLFMAN, Jul 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #29 WOLFMAN, Jul 5, 2008
    In 1998 the Scuderia-Ferrari developed the “F300”

It was December 1997, at the Fiorano test track the weather was a foggy. Even though not a perfect day for testing, Schumacher went out running his newly developed F300. The solid black car was hardly noticeable by the by-standing press.
    The shown black F300 was built from a BBR kit.

On January 7, 1998 the Press version was shown to the press.
    BBR-BG139 is the press version release model.

The first two GP races, Australia Schumi had engine problems, in Brazil
    Michael was 3rd and made it to the winners podium.

Third race of the year was in Argentina, Schumacher came in first place.
    The Argentina model shown is the BBR-BG150 version.

In San Marino GP, the Scuderia-Ferrari had a new evolution car shown with “Tower wings”. Weird looking car. For the next upcoming GP the FIA but a stop to all the F1 cars having those funny looking wings mounted. That was the end of the “Tower wing”.
    The X-Wing BBR model was a defiantly a “must have” to have model.
    At the race itself, Michael made second place.
    Models shown are the BBR-EX04 and later the EX04B (dirty version) also shown is a OMF built version.

The Canadian GP was another first place for Michael. Unfortunately for that race I have no model. BBR did not produce a factory built version.

The French GP guess what, Schumi made 1st place again.
    The model shown is the BBR-BG152.

The British GP was another win for Michael. The model shown is the BBR-BG255.

At the Belgian GP the rain was just purring down, when Schumacher hit Coulthard in the rear. The impact was so firm, that his right front wheel broke right of.
    In the model scene, that became the famous 3-wheeler set.
    Quattro Ruotine GM-12 had produced only 100 sets. The set showing has a few extra Denicen figures. (to make it look more real)

The Italian GP it was a great day for the Tifosis, seeing there hero Schumacher win the race. The model shown is the BBR-BG166

At the end or 1998, Schumacher was 11 times on the winners podium, and won six GP!

Hope you enjoy the background story and the photos of my collection.

wolfman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #30 WOLFMAN, Jul 6, 2008
  6. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Wow, and absolutely phenommennal collection! Really beautiful.

You are very priviliged to have such a fantastic collection from the greatest racing driver.

Thanks for sharing with us :)

7. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.

Thank you, ferrari_fan99

It will get even more interested for the upcoming years…..
    You will see many very rare models/sets.

wolfman

8. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #33 WOLFMAN, Jul 7, 2008
  9. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #34 WOLFMAN, Jul 8, 2008
  10. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #35 WOLFMAN, Jul 9, 2008
  11. veyron407

veyron407 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    canada
    wow, id love some of those, great collection!

12. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Thank you, keep watching this thread for more surprises!

wolfman

13. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #38 WOLFMAN, Jul 10, 2008
    In 1999 the Scuderia-Ferrari developed a new F1 called “F399”

The year 1999 was not a favorable year for Michael Schumacher, lots of problems with the car and later the accident in Silverstone. Michael Schumacher was out of racing for three months. Michael returned back to the racing circuit in October, the Malaysian GP.

On January 30, 1999 the Scuderia showed the new F399 to the Press.
    That model shown is a BBR-BG167.

March 7, Australian GP was another flop for Michael, he had a bad start and wound up in
    8th place. Model shown was built by OMF.

April 11, Brazil GP, Schumacher drove his car into 2nd place. Model shown is a OMF Tameo built version.
    May 2, San Marino GP, 1st win for Schumacher. Model shown is a BBR-BG174

May 16, Monaco GP, winner for that day was Michael. Model shown is the BBR-EX06
    (Just for the record, this was my first BBR F1 model I purchased. After that, the F1 collectors bug bite me, and you see the results in this thread.)

July 11, Silverstone GP, a very bad day Schumacher, he had a brake-failure and hit a tire-wall.
    The result was a fracture in his right leg. After the GP, the Scuderia announced, that Schumacher will be out for several GP’s and for that time, Sato will drive Schumacher’s car until Michael is fit again. Shown is a special built Diorama crash scene, BBR model and Denizen figures.

August 1, German GP Hockenheim Ring, it was a one two finish for Ferrari. Winner was Irvine and Salo came in 2nd place.
    Models shown is BBR-BG190 Irvine and BBR-BG191 Salo.

August 29, Belgian GP, not so favorable for the Scuderia, Irvine was only 4th.
    The model shown is a very special one, it was built by a Swiss builder B. Urs. That model had some unusual decal markings. Vera rare version!

October, the Malaysian GP was the reappearance of Schumacher, he had an fantastic start and came in 2nd place. Model shown is a Gasoline-SEP01

October, the Japanese GP, Schumacher made 2nd place again. The model shown is a very rare MakeUp version. That year ended with only two wins for Schumacher.

Hope you enjoyed the background story and the photos of my Schumacher collection.

wolfman

14. alfred tiegler

alfred tiegler Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    some of the models in your description are missing. Are you still uploding them?

15. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    Wow amazing thread! To be honest what I enjoy most here is not the pictures, but the whole Schumacher story you tell besides them. I have been following F1 since around 1999, by that time Schumacher was already one of the best of all time, so its exciting to read about the times before 1999, how he got there.

Thanks again for the best thread in a very long time!

16. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    That was my intent, posting only a few photos per day. All F399 models which are mentioned in the cover story will be posted. Just keep watching!
    wolfman

17. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Thank you, you are the second person who really enjoy reading the info in my thread.
    At first I had no intension writing a little background on Schumacher. Just got the idea, besides showing photos of models to have it a bit more interesting.
    I’m sure some readers probably had no idea of Michael Schumacher and how he earned his seven world-titles.
    Keep following my thread and maybe you find out something you did not were aware of.
    wolfman

18. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #43 WOLFMAN, Jul 11, 2008
  19. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #44 WOLFMAN, Jul 11, 2008
  20. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #45 WOLFMAN, Jul 12, 2008
    July 11, Silverstone GP 1999,

At the start of the GP, Villeneuve and Zanardy stalled there engine and were blocking other drivers. The race was immediately stopped. At the front Schumacher was in fourth place drying to pass Irvine on inside curve. While passing inside the curve, the rear brakes of his F399 failed. Schumacher’s speed was still 107 km, when he hit the tire wall.
    It took several minutes for the rescue team to get Michael out of the damaged car. Result were several fractures in his right leg.
    Two days later Ferrari announced, that Michael will be out for several GP’s therefore Mika Salo temporary replace Schumacher.

I built the Silverstone accident scene using a BBR kit and several Denizen figures.

wolfman

21. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    #46 WOLFMAN, Jul 13, 2008
    1 August 1999, German GP, Grosser Preis von Deutschland at Hockenheim.

While Michael Schumacher is out do to his accident in Silverstone.
    Irvine and Salo are now in charge to bring the F399 to a podium position.
    The race itself was very exciting, but at the end it was Irvin and Salo winning
    the race. Irvine 1st, Salo 2nd.
    Models are shown BBR-BG190, the Irvine figure was hand carved. By one of the best talented artist from the US west coast.
    (In my continuing Schumacher collection you will see more figures made by this person).

Second model shown is a BBR-BG191, which is the Schumacher car but now driven by Salo!
    wolfman

22. alfred tiegler

alfred tiegler Karting

Jul 4, 2007
    Wolfgang, you got a little mixed up. The person on the West coast does the hand carving all their own- but not that one. That Irvine is a Denizen.

23. WOLFMAN

WOLFMAN Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Germany and US
    Full Name:
    Gerd W. Brandt.
    Alfred, your absolutely correct! Sorry guys, that one is not made by the person on the west coast, it is a Denizen type figure.
    Oh well, having so many figures that can happen.
    wolfman

24. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    fantastic collection. i am envious.

25. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    +1