Woman buried in Ferrari | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Woman buried in Ferrari

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jsa330, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
  2. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    +1 very nice what you did.

3. rakko

rakko Guest

Mar 16, 2009
    Sandra Ilene West, (nee Hara), attended school in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. Her father, Ezra and mother, Susan, owned and operated a children's wear store on Beverly Drive. The name of the shop was, "Buttons and Bows". Sandra lived with her parents in a house located behind the Beverly Hills Hotel, on Carolyn Way in Beverly Hills. Sandra was a precocious child and maintained her quick mind and wit into her adulthood and unto her death. She did NOT have children. Sandra was strikingly beautiful and attracted men as diverse as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and Nicky Hilton. Sandra met and dated Sol West BEFORE she met his brother, Ike, (whom she later married.) Rumor had it that Ike was sent to Mexico with a bodyguard where he could harmlessly enjoy his pastimes of drinking and partaking of substances that were verboten in the States and be far from the family fortune. Sol treated Sandra offhandedly and she related an experience of going to Sol's house, being told by the butler that he was not home, but catching a glimpse of a blonde wrapped in a towel, flitting past the front door. That was enough for Sandy. She was a girl who ALWAYS got what she wanted, she said. Evidently, this was true because she found out about Ike and his whereabouts and discovered that he was the older brother to Sol and used to take away Sol's toys when they were growing up. She went to Mexico, located Ike and with loving patience "cleaned him up". She encouraged Ike to take over the reins of the family millions, which he did. She then MARRIED Ike and was in the catbird seat once again. There is much, much, MUCH more to Sandy's story, but, like Sheherazade, I'll leave the next installation for another day - (if anyone is interested.)

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Always interested in this story!

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Me too - still trying to find out the Daytona Spyder she owned.

6. frogwo

frogwo Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2005
    #156 frogwo, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been enamoured with the myth that is FERRARI as long as I can remember. Attached please find a scannned copy of the original article I cut out of the NY Times many years ago. Unfortuantely the article is not dated. Enjoy the short read.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Given that the undertaker said he would wait with the burial, we would have to assume this was just after her death, therefore 1977.

Onno

8. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken

9. SANDRA ILENE WEST (1977). Buried seated at the wheel of a Ferrari

Thirty-seven-year-old Sandra West, according to her request, was buried in her baby-blue 1964 Ferrari. The seat was placed at a comfortable slant and West was wearing her favorite lace nightgown. According to court instructions, West and her automobile were interred in a large box and covered over with two truckloads of cement to discourage vendals.

9. 512bbnevada

512bbnevada Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2007
    las vegas
    Full Name:
    Biff
    #159 512bbnevada, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
    Sandra was very beautiful and seemed to have everything.going for her, can you elaborate on the extent of her injuries in the Ferrari and why she might have purposely overdosed on barbituates? Also any info on the.cause of the accident?

10. rakko

rakko Guest

Mar 16, 2009
    #160 rakko, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    The article comes from the Mar 22, 1977 issue.

12. majormadmax

majormadmax Rookie

Sep 21, 2007
    My son and I were coming home from the gun show at the Freeman Coliseum last weekend, and were near Sandra's grave so we decided to stop and pay our respects.

Unfortunately, the large tree that was behind her and Ike's graves has been cut down. It's sad as it shaded both graves nicely and made it easier to find them.

These are the pics from a previous visit showing the tree...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/SandraWestgrave2.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/SandraWestgrave3.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/SandraWestgrave4.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/SandraWestgrave5.jpg

Sorry I don't have enough posts to post pictures yet, so I can only post the links...

Cheers! M2

13. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Actually it's the reverse, you'll hit a 5MB limit unless you've subscribed.....

We've lost a lot of old oaks with Ike and some recent heavy storms, most likely it was uprooted and lost..

My friends gf asked if I wanted to move my Ferrari in Austin into the shade...."No, not really....."

She wasn't thrilled.....I begged off with a dead battery but will do it next weekend!

Thanks for the link also, if you'll read the whole thread, her living relative checks in....

15. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

You know something, I think thats a great idea. For some lady who had a great passion for cars, I'm sure she would find that very amusing.

Amazing story and great comments from her nephew.

16. majormadmax

majormadmax Rookie

Sep 21, 2007
    Nope, I live here in San Antonio and whereas we've had a few storms since we last visited her grave, there has been nothing that would've taken down a tree of that size. Plus, you can see where it was cut down...

And I haven't become a member as I don't drive a Ferrari. I'm one of those slow-poke Jeep owners that you guys scream past all the time! But that's OK, 'cause I have a liter-class sportbike that will give your cars a run for their money!

Cheers! M2

17. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    she s comming a icone...one of the great story for Ferrari communauty.

18. boll-x

boll-x Rookie

Dec 18, 2004
    u.k.
    Full Name:
    scott
    Lord Brocket was jailed in 1996 for a 4.5 million pound classic car fraud ,basiclly with the help of two of his employee's he buried 4 of his cars in the grounds of Brocket Hall (his 45 bedroom 1,500 acre stately home) the reason he did this was because he was 4 million pounds in debt. Unfortunatly for him at the meeting when they decided to bury the cars his wife was present and she had a few problems of her own so when it started to go wrong she told the police what Charlie had been up too that and the fact that she was fed up with him shagging anything with breasts and a pulse. He was sentanced to 4 years in prison of which he served 2 and a bit years, it's not all doom and gloom for old charlie he leases's out Brocket Hall for £170,000 a year,it's now a golf club and conference centre,as for the ferraris (i think he had 22 )all of them were sold off to pay his debt's, as for the one's he buried none of them were broken up ,however one of them wasn't quite what it seemed as it was not an "original" car but a rebodied one and has been sold a couple times since for quite large sums of money as something its not.

19. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    it could be better to do another thread for this story scott...but i appreciated the inforamtion very interresting.

20. mosierjr

mosierjr Karting

Sep 29, 2009
    Texas USA
    Full Name:
    J.R.
    I am the current owner of Dino 8454 and just came across this thread. Anyone with evidence that this car was delivered to Sandra West by Hollywood Sport Cars please contact me. J.R. Mosier [email protected]

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hello, and welcome!

We have several Dino trackers here........one owner in Houston collects them specifically....

And in Europe our Factory History consultant is Marcel Massini......

You have the Title paperwork reflecting her name???
    What's the VIN of your Dino??

If you read this whole thread you'll see her surviving realtive posting, somewhere....he got a slow running Rolex, over her stamp collection.

Regards,
    Alan
    Houston Texas

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Never mind, I see your VIN, maybe start a New Thread in our Dino Section, they'd be glad to meet you!!!!

Post some pics of the car...It's the "manage Attachments" button in the field below, you can then "browse"
    your hard drive.....

23. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Ciao likes this.
  24. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007