Woman's Fine Watch Question | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Woman's Fine Watch Question

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Scotty, Nov 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    My cartier does have a second hand, i wasn't wearing it yesterday so I forgot that it did. So that is one square face watch with a second hand fwiw.

2. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge

Bingo! Give this man a prize.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Surprises are better.

4. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  5. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    It's only fun if you get what you want. While the thought is still appreciated, it's just not the same if it's not exactly what a woman wants - especially when it comes to jewelry and shoes. If you aren't positive, then don't do it unless it's returnable.

6. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well first of all, I would never buy shoes or clothes as a blind gift...as opposed to taking someone shoping and just paying. BUt Jewely is a lot easier to give, once you get to know someone.

My wife had all yellow gold when I met her. Since then, I switched her to white gold and platinum and I have not heard one complaint yet! There was one diamond and sapphire pendant she got tired of after a couple years that I sold but that's it.

I really take a lot of time to decide what to get for her.

7. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #32 CMY, Nov 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I never buy shoes or clothes as gifts- even I know my limits.

But I'm with Darth, if you know someone well you can get a really good grasp of jewelry and watch taste. If you're really good you can even get her to let go of a nasty gold habit. ;)

Here's the one I bought Gwen a few years ago.. had I known Darth I probably would've gone for the B&M but this was the best I had seen all month and it really was something that I thought she'd enjoy- the size & style was exactly what I was looking for. Not expensive, but I'm not sure if she's taken it off since I gave it to her.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. life@8500

life@8500 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Milford,CT
    Full Name:
    C Ryan Ramotar
    tissot is great bang for the buck. take a look at their on line cat they have a few nice pieces........very very reasonably priced as well. you could even get her a beater and nice piece.

tissot was a sponsor of the sauber f1 team in mid 90s and now sponsors moto gp.....

9. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The best watch for your application is the Ladies Reverso in stainless steel on strap utilizing their quartz movement.

The Patek 24 is ordinary by comparison and the workmanship of the Jaeger Le Coultre remains something very special in the world of horology, both mechanical and quartz.