Wanted - Woman's Rolex Meteorite Face, Stainless Steel | FerrariChat

Wanted Woman's Rolex Meteorite Face, Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Skidkid, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    My wife would really like a Rolex meteorite face with diamond markers. She is hard on things so stainless, not white gold. As I recall, they came in two sizes and she preferred the smaller one. There is a white gold now but she is more of a stainless (more durable) girl. Anyone have one or know where I can get a nice one? Drop me a PM if you can help.

She put up with me for 21 years now so it sounds like a simple ask. :)

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    #2 dsd, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    vraa likes this.
  3. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    I have always liked the meteor watches.
    Unfortunately I do not have one to sell you.

But I am in the process of making a limited line of "solid" meteor watches. That is I am machining the body and links out of meteorites-various "famous" meteorite strikes.

Using a Swiss Valjoux movement or like.

Also looking at making the links and body out of a mineral called Covelite and/or carbon fiber.

3604u, FLGT and Il Tifoso like this.
  4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That is cool. I have a watch that the case and bracelet are tungsten carbide. It is darker slightly blue-gray and VERY VERY hard. The case just about can't be scratched in normal wear. It is what they make machine tools out of. I can see that with a meteorite face.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    They definitely made it in stainless and it was in two sizes. They also had a fluted bezel or a diamond bezel. The markers could be standard, 3/6/9/12 diamond, or all 12 points diamond (like the link you posted). they were around 10-12K as I recall. The one you posted would be a good option. Ebay makes me nervous for this kind of item but I will check them out, thank you.