Wonder what it would cost to "fix" what was done to it | FerrariChat

Wonder what it would cost to "fix" what was done to it

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by duskybird, Jan 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
  2. fbrs2

fbrs2 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2012
    UK
    I seem to recall on the show when they put the engine and box back in to the ''straight'' chassis the gearbox didn't line up with the mount so they cut it off and welded it back on... also the pedal box interfered with a sheet metal section which had to be bashed out... so I guess it depends what you mean by ''fix''. Personally I'd want it back to a bare chassis and go from there.

3. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    If you are a purist and really want it to be “right” again, it would cost about a Mil.

Meaning you will need to buy an unmolested F40 and forget about the GMG car.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Part of the justification of buying such an expensive car is if taken care of, when you are done with it you get back a very significant percentage of the purchase price. A car with that history has no such back end savings and makes a sale more difficult. Additionally with its history you will be buying a car that will be in your mechanics garage instead of yours, being fixed yet again at your not insignificant expense. I have been in this business for a very long time and have been giving clients the same advice for most of that time. "Buy the best, in the end it will be the cheapest". I have yet to have one prove me wrong.

5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Lots of people trying to talk down the value of this car.

Its a low miles, US spec, running and driving example that cosmetically needs a few things putting back to normal. The talk of hundreds of thousands of dollars needed to be ploughed into it is farcical.

Jamie traina likes this.
  6. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And a color change by gmg.. on top of alum frame bent, aftermarket custom headlights if I remember correctly. There is a reason people are talking it down. I doubt they are trying to buy it. And it also has new body damage since the gmg build. (The feds probably crashed it getting it to the storage place lol)