working out w no sleep ? | FerrariChat

working out w no sleep ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WILLIAM H, Jan 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'm sure the Dads here can relate

how can you consistently workout when you only get 3 or 4 hours sleep ?

2. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    It's tough. Do it 1st thing in the morning before your day begins and you're about six thousand more times likely to get it in.

3. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    If you're not eating well or getting enough sleep, I don't understand why you would bother working out. Results come from the former, not the latter.

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's not what he asked. He's obviously a parent whom is up 3/4 of the night because of his new child. He want's to know how he can stay motivated or up to par for a work out.

I'd try what ducowti suggested. The only other option is to just force yourself to go. A nap may be more beneficial to your health at this point than hitting the gym. How about talking a walk with your child in the stroller for 45 minutes?

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    That sounds like a great idea, thanks :)

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I now notice I said "talking a walk". Obviously you knew what I meant, but it could also mean, talk and walk with your child.

7. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I find that if I try to lift on days with me getting less then 6.5-7 hours of sleep my body hasn't healed at all from the previous days workout and I have little to no energy to do another muscle group/cardio. Especially because I go to the gym at night. What ducowti said sounds like a great idea and you are with your child it's a win win ;).

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    It is tough to say the least a couple of weeks ago i was so stressed out that i was only getting 2-3 hours of sleep at night:( I was putting weight back on even though i was not eating more. I would still work out first thing in the morning but i was seeing opposite results.

Now i am back to getting a full nights sleep my stress has been lifted, and i am back on track getting lots of exercise eating right and losing pounds again. In fact i have lost 150 pounds in the past 3 1/2 years now. I am looking at getting rid of another 50-60 pounds. then i will be back to the same weight i was at in high school 27 years ago:)