Workshop Manual for F430 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Workshop Manual for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    The spider version will have everything you need to know about the coupe including information on the 2 main items likely to fail. 1. Spider top. If you have an F1 Spider then you will also have all the info you need on the 2nd item most likely to fail. If you have a standard(true three pedal car) coupe you have eliminated 75% of all headaches associated with 430/360 Ferrari ownership.

parkem likes this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I have the original genuine CD's and blue hardlock usb dongle from which all these PDFs must have originated from. I have both Spider and Coupe and they include both wiring and workshop manuals. Only Trouble is they are so old now they require XP to work correctly so these days it's easier and more convinent to use them from within VirtualBox. They where originally written in Visual Basic. I'm going to send them to Fenz.

whatheheck and Fenz like this.
  3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just a FYI .. I run hyper-v in windows 10 for my old XP programs

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks! Allow us to contribute please.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    Hi I am interested if we are all chipping in for a copy
    I have a 430 spider

whatheheck likes this.
  6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I won't accept a dime...

whatheheck and flash32 like this.
  7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Here you go .. text file has link

Attached Files:

MCASEY, parkem and greyboxer like this.
  8. Aeroman

Aeroman Karting

Nov 8, 2013
    DFW Texas
    I'm in for a copy of the spider manual. Just let me know how much.

9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just remember this is like the 12 dollar version ... Not 100 percent complete but better than nothing

The link I showed above is a more complete version .. there is a similar link for spider and scud and all other models

10. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ok, I bought the F430 Coupé PDF from the ebay seller that flash32 suggested.
    It has 1287 pages and seems complete, for example: it has pages B6.06, C2.07, C3.04, D6.03-06.
    I assume that the F430 Spider manual we already got (with missing pages), together with this F430 Coupé PDF, it should be complete for both Spider and Coupé owners.

If you like a copy, send me a PM.
    Any contributions to cover my costs are welcome.

11. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    Thank you

12. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    PM Sent.

Fenz likes this.
  13. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    To Everyone Regarding Missing Sections in Workshop Manual:

I first want to apologize for the long delay in getting back to everyone on this issue. As I mentioned I wrote to my contact at Ferrari North America, Inc. and stated I would be interested in attaining the missing documentation on their technical website but prior to paying the $150.00 subscription cost I wanted assurance the information would be available before doing so. I therefore attached the pages showing the missing information found on most purchased copies of Workshop Manuals available.
    They replied the information would be available and this was in May 2018. In June 2018 I went into the hospital for a major operation (a parotidectomy) and afterwards during my months of recovery started doing some major work on my 2003 Aston Martin DB7 e.g. replacing the fuel pumps, fuel filters, upgrading to Iridium Spark Plugs, reconditioning the fuel injectors, replacing ignition coils, replacing cam cover gaskets, replacing the door handles, fixing the 'SRS' warning system, fixing power steering leak, and refurbishing the entire vacuum system. The job took a lot longer than expected.
    In late December I found out my contact was no longer at Ferrari North America, Inc. and had to start all over with a new contact due to no longer having access to their technical website (my logon password no longer worked). As it turned out this was due to inactivity.

What I can assure everyone is all the information is available including all the Electrical Information. However, when you purchase a subscription for a 24 hour period for $150.00 you are also agreeing to abiding by their contractual obligations which forbids the sharing of any of their information without prior written consent from Ferrari Inc.

Since my reputation is on the line I'm contractually bound to abiding by their rules; I therefore am unable to share all the information I downloaded. Even worse would be to collect small sums of money in an attempt to defray the cost I encumbered.

Here's what I would recommend, go to their technical website and fill out the necessary application to gain access for buying a subscription to access their technical information. Once approved you'll be able to purchase a subscription at $150.00 for a 24 hour period. Prior to purchasing your subscription have all your folders labeled and layed out where you plan to download the data to, and have plenty of coffee available to go for the entire 24 hours.

You'll first have to 'configure' your vehicle as the information will then be customized to your specific needs. In addition for downloading the electrical information you'll be required to give your chassis number as changes to the electrical systems were made over the different years the F430 was produced.

Here's the way I see it. The $12.00 disc is worthless due to the missing information, but is better than nothing. However, I felt spending $200.00 would only be worth it if I was assured all the information was there. In addition I've seen the electrical information going from $1,000K to $2,000K.

However, having said that what you do know is for $150.00 you're getting the information directly from Ferrari which is constantly updated with any informational changes they have made. And all the information is there.

To me it was well worth it and I'm satisfied I have a full and complete 'Workshop and Repair Manual,' however please understand why I'm unable to share this information with others.

Note I have included a PDF document showing the address of their technical website which also shows all the information available for each of their different models, as well as the different subscription plans available.

Best Regards to all,

johnfe

Attached Files:

14. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    This is great info ..thanks

Can you elaborate on at what level is the download .. page , section, manual

So what I am asking for the group is the difficulty / time to download

So if a manual has 600 pages .. is it 600 downloads or 20 sections or one big download

Thank you in advance for me and the group

15. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    flash32:

For most of the Workshop Manual sections you'll be able to download multiple pages for each section, ranging from 1 page to about 56 pages. for each section or subsections.

However, for the Electrical System many of the pages are single pages where some you'll be needing to convert html to PDF pages. They want you to use either Windows Internet Explorer, Chrome (Google), or Firefox and they need to be recent versions of these browsers.

A lot of the work will be to title each PDF document properly once downloaded.

I was told their website is set up for the purpose of aiding shops that repair Ferrari's (Independents or Dealers). It's not intended to download complete PDF copies of entire manuals.

Since, I already had an incomplete copy of the Workshop Manual I put together the folder structure of what I knew was missing beforehand so all I had to do was download the missing information into their proper folders.

To be completely frank and forthcoming I'll admit I had bought an earlier subscription before I knew what I was doing and concentrated on the Electrical System first before knowing what all the missing sections were in the Workshop Manual. And therefore didn't download any of the Workshop Manual the first time around as to not duplicate the information I already had.

Therefore, I ended up paying for 2 subscriptions at $150.00 each due to not be prepared and not knowing what I was doing. However in the end, I ended up with almost all the information available for the F430 vehicle for a total cost of $300.00.

When I say almost all the information was because in order to get the F1 information I would have had to reconfigure the vehicle to show I wanted the F1 information which I do not have as mine is a manual.

Additionally, the first time around I accidentally configured my vehicle as a coupe by not seeing the spider vehicle, and therefore missed out out having the electrical information for the soft top, in which I fixed the on the second go around.

The electrical information is available for the Canadian, USA, and Europe versions so do not miss configuring that as well.

If you want to get all the information up to date on the Workshop Manual I'd recommend getting a copy of the inexpensive version first and make a copy of the entire folder structure first before starting your session. It's possible to get all the information in one session but you'd have to be very prepared and work very quickly in order for that to happen.

Note I have attached configuration samples for the F430 Coupe as well as for the F430 Spider versions.

I hope you found this helpful.

Regards,

johnfe

Attached Files:

whatheheck and flash32 like this.
  16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the info and updates.

Sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you are now fully recovered.

Dan

flash32 likes this.
  17. otokoto

otokoto Rookie

Jul 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    gil santiago
    Hi there, I'm interested with the F430 Coupe PDF, how much would it be to cover your cost? thanks

18. DutchFerrari

DutchFerrari Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2022
    Bollenstreek - Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeroen
    Is this link still active? the website cant load for me? looking for Spider workshop manual for DIY work in the future...

19. kestrou

kestrou Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2023
    Danville, IL
    Full Name:
    Kevin E. Stroud
    DF,

Thanks for bumping this thread - I recently purchased the manual online and have the "missing sections" noted earlier...

If anybody has a "fix" for those missing sections, it would be worth a large frosty beverage of your choice! :)

Kevin