World wide 456 / 550 / 575M meeting..? | FerrariChat

World wide 456 / 550 / 575M meeting..?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by F456M, Aug 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 F456M, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Hello again great guys.

As you might have seen from my posts the last years, I have had the joy of driving my 550 up and down Europe a couple of times. It is a true experience that I could do over and over again. At the same time, I feel that the enthusiasts who now owns these cars as seen here and through our scandinavian Ferrari clubs are true and passionate about their classic V12 Ferraris, and this shows that these cars have become highly apprechiated rather than just being an old luxury/sport car... What would be better than to get together a few days for a spectacular driving experience and a visit to Ferrari in Maranello? This would be a great opportunity to build and strengthen our passion and to show other people around the world that we have the new true classics from Ferrari. Southern Germany have some great nature and Autobahns and is not far from Italy. There are lots of cool ways to get over the alps. What do you guys think about this suggestion? If planned properly, this could take action next spring. Communication by plane is also easy for people who would like to join from places far from Europe.

One route could be München - Switzerland - Italy with a visit to Ferrari - Monaco and last stop Saint-Tropez with its super laid back atmosphare and exquisite cars and boats. Flights can go back from Nice airport which is not far from Monaco and the rest of the French Riviera. This would be the trip of a lifetime for many Ferraristi. Invitation can be sent out to clubs this fall, and the event can be as early as easter or later during the season (preferrably not July and August as that is summer vacation time). Or what period would you suggest?

I attach a few pictures as this experience really is what a Ferrari owner should put on his wish list. To drive legally at up to 200 mph. is quite exceptional. Not easy with todays traffic, but if one gets up early, there are not many cars, and it is fun to really experience how good these cars are on the road at the speeds they are build for! There are also quite scenic roads and plenty of cultural attractions to visit if wanted. I am sure the Ferrari factory would take great care of us, if we tell them that there is a big amount of cars coming in.

To be honest, I have not much practice in organizing such events, and now as a start, I want to see the response to this idea, and use the opportunity to let you know that we would have to be several people working together to plan an event like this.

Kind V12 regards from Erik.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

vitajojo38, bay, poljav and 4 others like this.
  2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    This sounds like a blast but I cant imagine costs to ship a 575 from Miami into europe and the time involved. I picked up a mercedes at the factory a few years back and the time it took from when I dropped it off at the port to arrive at my place in the US was incredible, shipping by boat is not fast.

F456M likes this.
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice idea, but I think you may need a longer lead in. I recently participated in the Dino 50th. anniversary factory visit (see below, at Fiorano: my car is the blue one in the top stroke of the 5 in 50) and I believe it took Matthias several years and a lot of planning to organise and to get Ferrari's co-operation. You might start by having a chat with him to tap into his experience / contacts.

The 25th. anniversary of the launch of the 550 comes up in 2021. Maybe that would be a good opportunity, which might appeal to Ferrari, to arrange something really special - a drive from the Nurburgring (where the press launch took place, I believe) to Maranello, perhaps?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

RKZ841, johngtc and F456M like this.
  4. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What a great idea.....Wish I was located closer to Europe.
    Maybe I can hitch a ride with someone if it goes ahead.

5. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    wow John....I'm sold!

6. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for your input. To say that your picture is awesome is understatement!! We need to do that too! But the 456 came earlier....

7. 3alfa

3alfa Karting

Nov 22, 2011
    Hoofddorp The Nether
    Full Name:
    Ger Bloem
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Last year we did a trip to the MM. On the first day we had lunch at the Nurburgring. 2.5 days of driving brought us to Desenzano. On the return we drove in two days from Modena to to the vincinity of Stuttgart. If you want me to send the itenary let me know. And if you need any further help on planning, I am at your service. Needless to say that if it is happening
    I would like to participate.

Regards
    Ger

F456M and bay like this.
  8. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I'd love to participate if the logistics could be worked out ahead of time. Cheers.

F456M likes this.
  9. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Please add me to the list! Sounds great.

John

F456M likes this.
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That is very generous of you! I will have to discuss with my friends who have experience in this but it would really be a most fantastic trip.

For those who considder a trip like that from far away meining they have to ship their car a long distance... I came to a very «reasonable» argumentation: -Instead of spending 15.000 dollars on a set of modular rims and tires, why not spend half on the «Trip of a lifetime»...? Something you can enjoy for the rest of your life!

poljav likes this.
  11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    One idea came to my mind today. We could go together a few people, two persons from each country we would like to visit. That way, communication in the nativ language for bookings and the route selection, hotell, roads etc. would come from people with inside information and make to the organizing mote efficient. The two persons can work together and once every month, the grupps work together to furter progressive. I am sure we can work this out with the right people involved. Who would be able to start discussing this from Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France/Monaco...? AND the event must have a proper name! So come on and suggest a name for the best modern classic V12 round trip in the history! I will check the next days with my fellow Swedish and Norwegian 456/550/575 friends. I really want to do this. Imagine 50 Ferrari V12s spredning down the European Autobahns together!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Patrik550 likes this.
  12. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #12 F456M, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  13. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
  14. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The essence of a rich life, people, places, cool stuff , seizing the day and making the most of it.

Awesome.

Enjoy

F456M likes this.
  15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Tie in with a trackday at spa!

F456M likes this.
  16. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    Now we are talkin!

17. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Very good idea!! Bring more cool ideas, and we can make this happen! Everyone I talk to here in Norway is excited, and one guy said that we even need to bring 612 owners. (Last of the F133 engine block series). Thats’s ok for me. It’s got four tail lights aswell ...

So 456 GT and GTA, 456M GT and M GTA, 550 Maranello, 550 Barchetta Pininfarina, 575M Maranello, 575 SuperAmerica and 612 in its variations. Now that will be a hefty mix of twelve cylinder cars. From $60.000 to 1 Mill cars, all in the same ”Modern Classic V12 club” !!

Tim Riley likes this.