World's First Floating LaFerrari, First Floating Ferrari At All | FerrariChat

World's First Floating LaFerrari, First Floating Ferrari At All

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ferrari FXX, Aug 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It looks like an inflatable the way it's rotating that easily and I doubt they would take the risk of moving a 3k lb object over the crowd like that in case it fell.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Its very well done if replica.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    100% fake. I suspected it based on earlier photos as the windows were completely blacked out and not real glass to see an interior.

You can see the windows are fake painted black, but more importantly the details are not correct. Rear calipers on a LaF are not mounted that way (they are on front part), missing small turn signal on front of doors, front bumper side marker is angled incorrectly, etc. There are other small things, but yes it is an overall well done replica/balloon.

LamboLover likes this.
  4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Drake's has a custom one-off set of Vossens on it as well.

I'm of the same notion about the safety risk, too. I wouldn't want a 3,500lb object dangling above my head, esp. not when it's moving so effortlessly.

5. Samui

Samui Rookie

Nov 18, 2015
    Germany
  6. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    #7 Booker, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Could this have forced a change in the brake caliper position?

Edit: I found my answer, nope

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I found this article just recently that talks with the production company that made the inflatable LaFerrari for the tour. It's not quite 1:1 scale, but that's intentional to make it easier to transport.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/ferrari-flying-car-at-drake-and-migos-concert-tour-2018-11