Worrisome trend | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Worrisome trend

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by tontondavid, Jun 27, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    100% transparent - bought every Ferrari offered since dealer opened a few years ago.
    812GTS SF90Spider Puro delivered waiting on Romapider 296GGTS SF90XX 12CilindriSpider
    Owned Ferrari's for decades - trying to receive the special editions. We all have an agenda :)
    With the other brands it's a much shorter and easier to get special editions.
    The VIP's and Challenge guys literally get their racing costs of 1M paid back if they choose to sell their special cars. I don't think that is the reason but it's possible.
    Ferrari is #1 at taking care of their customers, problem is many people don't know what it takes to be a client vs customer.

2. LMP

LMP Karting

Aug 11, 2022
    Florida
    Spot on !

3. tontondavid

tontondavid Rookie

Sep 19, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Leng
    What do you do for a living? Are you a drug dealer? :)

4. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    What I find amusing is the general “throw stones at the castle” phenomena, which always exist in any sphere. I have a friend who always like to point out not well-researched articles like the Bloomberg article and send them to me. And then every quarter keep asking me if used Pista prices are finally going to go down. He says “why are they at this plateau. It makes no sense.” Then he talks about how much money he has lost on his McLarens. And then will try to find an article like the Bloomberg article.

Then he will forward the Bloomberg article to me and say “how can you drive it and deal with the depreciation?”

Then it’s an easy answer when I tell him “I just have the acceptance that I am depreciating as well. My time is disappearing. I am past the warranty period of 40 years.” And he switches the topic to McLaren in F1. Still trying to find stones to throw at the Ferrari castle.

5. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    once you realize that your orthopedic surgeon can fix your knee and shoulder suspension problems, you hope you don’t develop premature ball joint problems or need to replace the engine because of oil pump problems. Lol

6. Lcawley

Lcawley Karting

Nov 16, 2011
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Lance C. Cawley
    That is our value equation though I still won’t sell, just feels good to know the value is there. My SF90 Spider is at the port and should arrive soon at the dealer. SF90XX spider TM spec approved, and lots of other very special things in process. Next week Ferrari Challenge Watkins Glen.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow…9 seasons and a 15% podium finish rate! Great job!

gzachary and Lcawley like this.
  8. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California

I had a year in Ferrari Challenge with Lance racing. Better than me for sure. Importantly, a classy driver who shows skill and safety and no unnecessary aggression on the track.

Lcawley and Thecadster like this.
  9. Lcawley

Lcawley Karting

Nov 16, 2011
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Lance C. Cawley
    Thanks for your kind statement.

10. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Anything that will pay me what my time is worth.

LMP and willcrook like this.
  11. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    Yup, same here. The annoying part is I know he is just petty but I still want to tell him stop, but then that may create more problems later. Why? Because he is that petty

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So as much as I’d like you to be right (I’m on your side) I fear with the quest for profitability the SF90 replacement will not be limited by anything but time.

Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    What do they say about haters.

After some time with the 296 and SF90 I think these are spectacular!

My opinion is the market place will eventually come around, the secondary market is usually more of an enthusiast mindset, and these hybrid cars have some new elements, such as the UI and the hybrid. Some have a hang up on the hybrid thing, but once you realize there are substantial upsides to the Ferrari setup, I think more people will come around. It’s really so well done. Just think of it as a power enhancer which also allows you to leave your neighborhood in silence if thats what you want. It also allows the power delivery to hit in a way that ICE alone simply cannot.

The reality on the UI is it’s a little quirky, but, the prior setup was also quirky. I wish they found a way to keep a physical tach and also even more for the physical start button, but, aside from those things, the new interface is entirely usable, once you spend a little time with it.

My only objective complaints with the SF90 are storage space- we like to take trips in our cars, so the front trunk is a little small. And the central armrest storage is not big enough to fit my iphone when I have the radar detector also plugged in (the plug is chunky). Thats it.

Going from the SF90 to say my Pista or 458, I love those cars too, but they now feel a bit older. So I think the market will come around, these cars are excellent.

14. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    In relation to the UI, I am DD’ing my Purosangue and I have gotten accustomed to it and it actually works very well, most physical buttons are behind the steering wheel and I really like that, so as much as I really hated it at the beginning I have started to like it once I have had more time with it, the only thing I hate is that I can not set the cruise control while the car is in sport.

15. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    Agreed. As a perspective buyer I hope I can grab one before everyone realizes how good it is and Jack the price back up. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and Divexxtreme like this.
  16. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #91 Cocoloco, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    Possibly - they built a new factory. which needs to be paid for, watch it go towards full electric.
    Review of V8's in time - 355 Stradale Scuderia Pista (turbo) all have come back in that order. Those editions were high production at that time. We willl see where SF90 fits in -
    Every seller I know who sold one of those special and production V8's has sellers remorse.
    SF90 whatever ir may be is years away and those who bought new SF90 / retained will have the chance of the next SF90 and or LE.
    Whatever the cost - prefer being in line vs outside the doors of a dealership.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  17. cesman

cesman Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    +1 on everything - couldn’t agree more. I also have a Pista among others and the SF90AF is from another planet. I have found a way to work wonders with soft luggage - but totally agree with your sentiments.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Jean, Caeruleus11 and Divexxtreme like this.
  18. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Agree. Seen a few (Shmee) guys adding a suction cup luggage compartment on the roof. Back in the older days lots of guys installed luggage racks and strapped the bags and took off. I remember skiing in Tahoe a guy had chains on his F40 with a ski rack.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    All cars you mentioned are VS and SF90 is not.

20. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    And the key now is to keep it in order to get the next one.

21. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #96 Cocoloco, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    What's a VS -
    There were a lot of Stradale Scuds Pitsa's and only 499 of 16M which I own - the SF90 Spider AF is likely a low number.
    You are so worried about others peoples money - why do so many people here concern themselves with what others do.
    Look - this is supposed to be fun, didn't buy a Ferrari to debate value - simply saying rear engine V8's in a special form do well over time - worrisome trend poor customer service depreciation - we all got the memo ... it's enough bs

Fortis likes this.
  22. LMP

LMP Karting

Aug 11, 2022
    Florida
    The SF90 Spider AF is likely to be low in number and feel it will reward those who kept it long term! I plan to keep mine and add what follows next :cool: the truth is my wife has claimed the car for her self !

23. ForeverNA

ForeverNA Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    Yes, sf90 definitely is very easy to drive for the ladies. The ladies at home also claimed it already when it arrives.

Lcawley and LMP like this.
  24. LMP

LMP Karting

Aug 11, 2022
    Florida
    lol you will be lucky to get some seat time :)

25. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i feel better now knowing im not the only one with these types of problems!