Worst current driver | FerrariChat

Worst current driver

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, May 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Worst current driver

1. Eriksson

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Grosjean

64 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Hartley

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Sirotkin

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Stroll

94 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I say Sirotkin but Grosjean is giving him a run for his money. Eriksson has had more than enough time to show his stuff--not much there.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    No brainer...given his experience....it's GRO. He has no pts in a good car and he's been "fudging" up. Then he whines and complaines about the brakes.

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Lettuce has salad brain. He got my vote.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  5. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    How long till the Stroller gets a vote?

;)

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    You should've put Hamilton in the Poll... :eek::D;)

Isobel, nsxrebel, 308luver and 4 others like this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Stroll strolled his way to my top vote. At least lettuce has had moments of positive. Moments of good driving. Stroll hasn't.

375+ likes this.
  8. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    You’ve answered my question. See post #5.

crinoid likes this.
  9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm just gonna GRO with it.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    RO GRO has gotta go..

11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I have to admit, it was a tough choice among this lot. But, based on today's debacle, I joined the Grosjean bashers.

12. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I vote for verstapen. He could be WDC if he can mature fast enough. Right now he is a guided missile on anyone near the front. At least GRO is smashing things up at the back where those guys can't win anyway.

Lotaz likes this.
  13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I said Grosjean because he’s in arguably the 4th best car on the grid and doing dumb rookie stuff after all this time. The ballet move today was the most irresponsible thing I’ve seen in a long while

14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Based on today's results, the HAAS is absolutely the 4th best car. Therefore, GRO is costing the team points, which equals big money lost for the team.

dflett, ricksb and 375+ like this.
  15. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Grosjean had a shaky start in his first season, with several brain dead or road rage moments - enough so that he got a race suspension from the FIA. I never thought he showed enough flashes of speed to put up with all the whining about his brakes and so on (Last season with HAAS was the worst for Grosjean continuously whining about brakes)... but this year he's committed a few really stupid mistakes that are unforgiveable for someone with his experience.

As Steiner put it when Grosjean smacked the wall at Baku under the Safety Car, "even a rookie shouldn't make a mistake like that". Today, falling off the road when he got startled by Magnussen, that was a rookie mistake... planting his foot to spin back onto the road in a smoke screen, that was just incredibly stupid. Grosjean deserves to be gone.

They could probably get Wehrlein into the car on a week's notice and do much better.

Hocakes likes this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Grosjean followed closely by Stroll.

But I’m not sure anyone cares about drivers out of the top 8-10...

Robb

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I voted for the Stroller....Romais can be quick, the Stroller no...Eriksson is doing a decent job this year, and poor Sirotkin as no experience (and no talent) driving a dificult car....the Stroller tests like crazy and still drives like ****...

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I voted stroll, on the basis I can’t see him ever doing anything of note that a civilian thrown into the car with no experience except video games couldn’t do..... but grosjean is definately on the waiting list to be cut. The guy has no talent it seems, save one to cause disruption at each race and throw away positions.

All of the idiots that struggle to keep it on the road are no longer just road blocks under blue flags, which is bad enough, but by dropping their cars for nothing, they bring out safety cars and VSCs that affect and manipulate race results almost every week. This has to stop, if they can’t drive the car effectively, they need to be kicked out and replaced regardless of the money they bring. The sponsors contracts should be such that the teams are guaranteed the money they bring regardless whether the idiot finishes the season in the car. Papa stroll can go suck himself, if the kid is ****, and hasn’t shown talent by now, he goes into the lower series and is the practice driver while they put a safer pair of hands in on racedays. Same for sirotkin, grosjean and the rest of the morons.

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Grosjean received a 3 grid spot penalty for Monaco. A slap on the wrist IMO, I think a more severe penalty was warranted.

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    he panicked and ****ed up. I find a penalty somewhat surprising given the deliberate stuff other drivers sometimes pull off (such as retiring a car on track rather near an exit etc...).

21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    He also got 3 pts. added to his super license.

88porsche944 and daytona355 like this.
  22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    +1

Ridiculously light penalty. Look at what the FIA does for unsafe pit release,... or going the wrong side of a bollard when no one is near...

Salad Brain mashes the throttle and spins it into an oncoming pack of cars right across the racing line. That was the most unsafe re-entry to a circuit I have seen. He needed a multiple race ban.

Lotaz, daytona355, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  23. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Though I do like him, it’s got to be Gro right now. He’s got the car but just can’t seem to get out of his own way. Last year it was the brakes, this year it’s... everything.

Ericsson is a potted plant. Stroll and the other paid drivers are just that... people simply paid to drive an F1 car without any hope of being a factor...with the exception of crashing and taking out others or causing VSVs that impact the race and change outcomes.

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Grosjean. Driving into the wall at Baku and creating artificial fog in Barcelona did it for me.

So in hindsight I'm relieved, that he chose to race with a French license. It's too embarrassing to have this yahoo race under a Swiss license. :)

daytona355 likes this.
  25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Daytona 355 nails it here...."All of the idiots that struggle to keep it on the road are no longer just road blocks under blue flags, which is bad enough, but by dropping their cars for nothing, they bring out safety cars and VSCs that affect and manipulate race results almost every week"

So we need proper penalties, including race bans.
    "Erratic" drivers will be scared of that as it will give the third/test drivers a chance to show their stuff
    Grosjon should be forced to sit out Monaco and Haas be able to try somebody else.

daytona355 and 375+ like this.