Would a weekly vintage "deep dive" be fun? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would a weekly vintage "deep dive" be fun?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by rob lay, Oct 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think the Wiki type thing has potential, I found some OK software that would tie into us, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Main issue would be security as we don't want everyone having access to edit a page. Especially in the Ferrari World where there is so many questions of fact.

Don't you think just having the first post to consolidate the information gathered through the thread would be fine?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Can you produce a FAQ page or forum with the existing software?

Let each thread run for a couple of weeks to a month. Put someone in charge of collating the material and back checking the facts as much as possible. I'm sure we have guys here who are excellent sources for individual models who can do this. (They might even enjoy it.)

Then, close the thread, collate the material, make it a single post with all the info, maybe in some kind of FAQ or newsletter format, and then link to it with the last post in the original thread. Have a section with all the individually collected car info. Certainly pictures, links to websites with more info and all of the posted facts should be included.

Actually, without much fuss, you could make each one a downloadable PDF when it's over, by car.

DM

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good news I think. I found some software that "should"...

• Allow anyone to update the content of a single page.
    • Security control to limit who can update or just read.
    • Version control so all changes are logged and changes can be reverted.
    • Integrated with our current software and database.

Sounds pretty cool, I will have to install and test, but that probably won't happen this weekend. I'm sorry, but either if this software works or we just do everything within a thread I promise we'll get started on the 250 GTO a week from Monday. Thanks.

Appreciate the suggestion Dave!

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Ah, but is it ever really "over"? in the discussion of vintage Ferraris?

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Cool... maybe this is a small baby step towards a possible solution to your "I have a dream" thread... :)

6. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

By "over" of course I mean, "When Rob and the rest of the well informed Ferraristas on FerrariChat decide we have enough information to choke a Prancing Horse."