Would appreciate insight on 812 vs others. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Would appreciate insight on 812 vs others.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by RomanD, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #51 4th_gear, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    At the 812 intro last Fall, my FoO salesman also told me about the 60+ deposits and only 9 allocations... I assume following years may experience the same low number.

Roman, most of us are at at least in our 50s or 60s where it isn't good to put off enjoying sports or a sporty car without good cause. Age-related issues tend to accumulate quickly as one problem can easily compound another. Seize the day.

Stay active and do the things that matter to you. The advice to buy a used FF, F12 are excellent advice. If you buy the used car from FoO you might also try to work out some expectation of trade-in value with the salesman you order the 812 with, based on the mileage you plan to put on the FF/F12, especially if you do not drive it in Winter and they service the car.

BTW, I also have significant back problems but I recently discovered good results following an advice from my brother, who has even more back issues than I do. I do inversion at 60° angle for 5 minutes every morning, right after I get up. You do have to check with your doctor before attempting inversion and only start at low angles, slowly graduating to steeper angles. It's not necessary to do 85/90° as 60° provides the same benefits. People with glaucoma and acid-reflux would not be good candidates for inversion.

RomanD, iloveferrari and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    I have Aventador my suggestion is stay away if you have a bad back. I dont have a bad back but after 30 minutes of driving you feel like jumping out of the car for me its a uncomfortable ride. Its not a drivers car but it sure looks good. My 812 is arriving in 4 months no plans to sell Aventador because its worth nothing now lol. I cant imagine waiting 3-4 years for a car by the time you get it the new model is right around the corner.

RomanD likes this.
  3. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    I've looked into Corso Pilota and there's no doubting deciding doing that.

4. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Already feel welcomed with this community, thank you. And yes, i'll be looking into an F12.

Caeruleus11 and 350MH83 like this.
  5. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    I agree having been recently acquainted with that damn car. I like the rewarding experience i'm being told the F12 provides.

6. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    That's strange, haven't noticed that.

7. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I will be waiting.

8. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    I mean everything new will just be hybrid and electric stuff, not of interest to me. I'll be looking into an F12. And yeah, the aventador is long out of the equation.

9. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Definitely agree with the "seize the day" logic. Will be looking into an F12. What exactly is inversion? I'll look into that.

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Let us know when you find the F12 that does it for you. ;-) As for inversion, I mean inversion therapy using inversion tables, although there are also other methods (Google "inversion therapy").

Inversion tables are however, amongst the safest method if you follow proper advice, which would partly be based on your particular physical makeup and condition. So make sure you are not following someone else's approach to inversion, because it may well not be appropriate for you. People can hurt themselves if they are inverting the wrong way for them, if they have a pre-existing condition (e.g. glaucoma, acid reflux...etc.) that contraindicates inversion, progress too fast, do too often or invert too long per session. Make sure to research thorough, speak to your doctor, before starting and always start slow. ;)

11. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Once again thank you. My F12 will definitely be shared once it's acquired haha.

12. richigga

richigga Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Full Name:
    MC
    812>aventador s anyday...not a ferrari fanboy, but i was at ur place last year. after trying both cars i ordered the 812. it is also my very first exotic cars that i ordered, and trust me picture dont do this car justice. you will get as much attention as the aventador lol(already took dilvered). also buying ferrari is addictive, so make sure u make enough money before buying ur first ferrari or u will end up broke. cheers~

RomanD likes this.
  13. VladimirB

VladimirB Rookie

May 16, 2016
    Moscow, Russia

812 vs Aventador S in the south of Russia

From 7:14... One picture (movie) worth a thousand words)

RomanD and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. RomanD

RomanD Karting

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    If I don't make enough I won't get approved! Cheers as well.

15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Don’t know if the OP is still following the forum, but I thought I’d report back. We recently took delivery of our 812. It is an amazing work! It just fits with what we wanted. The 488 was an absolute blast to drive - a complete different experience. The 812 is easier to get in and out of, more comfortable and actually a bit more discreet driving around. The V-12 is intoxicating! Adds such a visceral component that I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RomanD, Caeruleus11 and R J like this.
  16. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Pics, John? Congrats!

17. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks!

I think the pics I posted in the 812 picture thread easily get lost in the sheer number of posts... I’ll make a new thread with some...

John

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and KenU like this.
  18. LittleLittleTiger

Jun 11, 2018
    UK
    Buy 812 and you will never regret.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat