Would that sell? | FerrariChat

Would that sell?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by godabitibi, Jul 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Out of curiosity, I've been out of the Ferrari world a few years now and I was offered a Testarossa I know for years. Not a prime exemple. 87 red on black. High miles but can't remember how many. One accident history of tire carcass hit on highway. Car present very well runs and drive ok. Haven't been serviced in years. I may go have a look at it tonight.

If I buy it replace all the belts and tensionners, water pump etc. I'd like to drive it for a little while. Would it sell easy for 60K when I'm ready to let it go?

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    more info from the car would be great, but I think 60k ( US dollar?? ) you always will get, and if you would sell the car in parts

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I would'nt want to sell apart. I'd drop it at 50k instead. If I end up with it.

MOSS likes this.
  4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Testarossa’s are worth more than 50/60k at this point. If its really a mess then you can flip it quickly at those prices.

But it depends on what “high” mileage is. A lot of people around here think 30k is high mileage.

5. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Ok, went to look at it tonight. I'm passing. Been a long time si ce I saw it. 78k miles. Need everythig. Car is running and driveable but totally tired everywhere. Driver seat has a hole in side bolster. Dash need redoing. Carpet is dead too. Paint has tons of chips and scratches. Some surface rust at bottom of windshield. Engine totally dirty with oil leaks. Front lower air dam need replaced. Turn signal lens cracked. And that is only summary look. A/C dead. Seat belts not working. I stopped there. He would let it go for 50k canadian. Which is around 38k US. Someone is supposed to pick it up on friday.
    This is a car someone would like to keep for himself working on it step by step while driving it or a total resto all in one shot.
    The labour must cost nothing to get back your investment, and it still a 78,000 miles car. Vin is 69716 if i remember correctly. Anuone intrrested?

Sorry I took no pictures.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this would be about 34k euro, good price :) but until the car would be here there are additional 10 % custom plus 19% VAT plus the shipping, so around then 50k euro - and in this condition you write it would be too much. you get here good examples with less mileage offered for around 80k. and when you like to fix all on this car it would be much more then 30k

7. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Is it headed to BHCC or Gullwing?

JoeTSI likes this.
  8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I dont know, but it is a perfect candidate for them it's exactly their kind of cars. Apparently there is a guy from Montreal that is grabbing it friday. Possibly for them who knows? For 50k canadian which is around 38k US. The car is complete, running and driving.

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Cheap price, but probably needs $50K plus of work as it sounds, so, is it a $90K car after? Only the new owner gets to find out :)

10. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    $90k for a car with 75k miles isn't going to happen at today's value.

Natkingcolebasket69 and MOSS like this.
  11. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    15k interior
    15k paint
    20k MAJOR service
    10k misc unforeseen repairs (risk that this could double or triple)
    38k purchase price

98k total investment for a 78k miles car.

... sell it at 25k and part it out

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    You guys do the same match as me! That's why I passed. The only way this car could be worth it is to use it as is just for the fun of it. Drive and don't care. Still presentable from 40 feet. Someone that always wanted one but can't pay the top dollar could feel the thrill of being a Testarossa owner. With some elbow grease a good pressure washer on the engine, touch ups with a small brush a good interior cleaning and some dye it would make a very presentable driver for someone. It's still a RED TESTAROSSA after all. And I don't think there is a possible huge loss to happen with it. For a good DIY belts and tensionners are cheap. If an expensive break happen sell it to breakers like Ferrparts. There can't be a BIG loss.

Am I having second thoughts ???