Would U buy this 550? How much would you discount the interior color? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would U buy this 550? How much would you discount the interior color?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Tomf-1, May 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Once again, screw the color. Get in this car and then stomp on that thingie on the right. GREAT GAWD ALMIGHTY!!!!!! I IS BORN AGAIN, BROTHER.

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

dr,

your faithful committment and unwavering passion for this "thingie" is of unparalleled comparison...... :)

3. Flaca Productions

Dec 5, 2004
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    Brian Young
    whats the deal with the shields being added later??? is this common? to me, that detracts from the value more than the interior color - at least THAT is factory.....

4. VicG

VicG Karting

Feb 5, 2005
    Fairfax County, VA
    Full Name:
    Vic
    My favorite line from the vehicle description is...

"It was constructed for a discerning West Coast promoter and is believed to be one of the few of its color combination in existence (and perhaps the only one in North America)."

"Discerning" -- You gotta be kidding me.
    "Believed to be" -- A safe assumption, no doubt.

I was thinking the GEICO gekko might look good in it.

5. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    its also a 97 the most sort after year. and if some one really did pay $40k for a 97 456GTA i cant see this more that low 70's. not that i would want it.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Seriously, I saw this at the factory on a tour. They had a booth set up to hang the stuff while funky colors were spray applied. This is how they are able to color match horrid colors like this "shamrock shake" green. It's not a custom die lot if that's what you want to believe. Now seeing as the seats come from another manufacturer that may be a different story.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Even being a Miami Hurricanes Alumni (Green / Orange) I could not live with the all green interior in a Ferrari. It is the same reason I can not drink Blue cherry Kool Aid. Cherry Kool Aid is supposed to be red, and Ferrari Interiors should be Tan / Creme / Black / Grey / Red in my mind. Accenting the primary color with stitching and details is nice, but to brag about the alien gut explosion all green interior is definitely looking at the bright side. If the car sells for $75k it is a good deal. I would get the dash and other parts in Black or grey and redo the inteior if I was the buyer.
    My $.02
    BT

8. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    #33 AEHaas, May 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    Not a chance. You will have a very hard time selling that car. You can have the leather redone in black for a few thousand if you just can not pass up the deal.

10. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good god man. WTF is that?

11. MPH

MPH Karting

Aug 18, 2004
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    MPH
    Must have been owned by Cheech and Chong...

12. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    LOL

13. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I usually like birght interiors, but this one is not for me.

14. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I could live with this one easily.

15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Ali....

Your neighbours car is gorgeous !!! That style of contrast (mats matching body color) really works great on that particular combo.

I have seen rossa cars with the same treatment and it's horrible.....but when done in burgundy and cream with the matching dash it looks perfect !!

That green interior (and green carpets) would be great with a black exterior.

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I've seen that combo and it does work better than this.

FWIW, It was a celeb car.

17. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Let me guess.....Kermit!?

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL. No. Michael Mann.

My .02....that Fiorano Red 550 NEEEEEEEDS Modular wheels!!! That guy should have known.

19. Bill Oxley

Bill Oxley Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill Oxley

Looks great aehaas. My recently acquired 360 has the same color combo, also with the matching piping. Nice look!

20. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Darth.....

I was walking into the airport in Stuttgart back in the middle 90's when this black 911 coupe pulls up and out gets this stunning blonde bombshell (that's why I actually looked in the first place)......and the car had......you guessed it.....a full bright green interior...carpets, headliner and all, in the same color as this Ferrari....it looked spectacular.....!!