Would you buy a F430 today? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Would you buy a F430 today?

Discussion in '360/430' started by lencap, Oct 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    While I’ve not owned any of the cars in question I’ve driven both the 430 and the 458, and I’ve seen the FF in person and was very impressed with its roomy interior.

There are a lot of factors to consider between the 458 and the 430. Why type of driving are you going to do? Are you mostly doing point A to point A driving? Will you be taking long trips?

The 430 is a great car reguardless of its age, and as many have said there are a lot of aftermarket parts and well known vendor direct parts to avoid the Ferrari tax. It is also a more raw experience. But there are issues you will have to address, clutch repairs, F1 pumps and relays, header issues or if aftermarket headers o2 sensor issues, the aging immobilizer system issues. The interior is pretty small compared to the 458 and long drives will be more uncomfortable. At least in my experience.

The 458 has a lot going for it as well, very comfortable on your longer drives and really quite roomy. The DCT in theory should never need a clutch however some sensors can and have gone out in the first gen DCT. It’s alot faster and I think the exaust note is better. It’s more modern interior is much nicer on the eyes and you feel more like you are in an exotic over the 430 interior. However as some have mentioned there have been some issues with the shocks, the DCT, and some have had brake issues related to something near the front of the car but the exact part eludes me at the moment. CCB, while lasting longer then steel are quite a bit more to replace, however over time this could change as more and more cars are fitted with CCB.

As far as price, both cars have been holding very steady in value over the last few years. But it will be interesting to see how that holds out with more offerings from Ferrari, Mclaren and the new mid engines corvette. A lot of people speculate the the performance numbers being pushed out by the new Vette may indeed rattle loose the price points many cars are hovering at and they may fall. Like anything the crystal ball is pretty fuzzy but a lot of the arguments make a lot of sense so it is a factor.

I’ve also noticed that with any exotic car you are going to have to compromise, and those compromises are different for each person. If entry price is the limiting factor, choose between cars in your price range. If your buying betting on increased value I’d suggest not even bothering. Also doing the neccisarry homework on the models your interested in I wise, which it appears you are. Try to go into your purchase as well informed as you can. Good luck on which ever car you purchase.

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Will a 430 increase in value? Probably not.

Will a 430 hold value better than buying a new 911? Absolutely.

That's my rationale.

550nitis and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Put Capristo or Kline Headers & a Ferrari OEM sports exhaust on a F430 and you will never sell it or stop driving it !

4. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    I dont know what 430 demand / prices will be in the future but as everyone knows cars are changing, some of it better some of it worse. Will be much easier to find a clean 458 down the road than a clean 430. So if that old school ferrari feel means anything to you snag a 430, enjoy it, and if you still want a 458 do it then and just know that at least you got to experience both eras of cars.

5. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks again for the comments. I'm not a fan of the Capristo exhaust, or most others. I find them overly aggressive, esp. Capristo. Also concerned about all the issues already mentioned. On the other hand, it's still a wonderful machine, and far more engaging than most of today's "modern" cars. I will say that I'm also impressed with the 458. I'll never use the full capability of either model, so making a decision is more about "intangibles" and "feel/style" than only pure performance.

6. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    9 out of 10 females think and Acura NSX is a Ferrari

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I just don’t agree with the 430 being of the old era. Old era to me stopped with the 355; the cel lights,slow down lights, no belt changes, good reliability, fast gear change.. even early sat nav... a testsrossa now that’s an old school car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMemphis likes this.
  8. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Fair point. Still think 430 feels like its from a different time period than a 458. Those are the only two ferraris I have driven. Don’t doubt that 355 feels very different from a 430 in the same way.

9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    One thing I really love and admire about the Ferrari models is their obvious progression. Going from a 355 to a 360 to a 430 to a 458 is more than just changing fenders and bumpers like in regular cars. It's a true evolution of a species.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes but the cool thing is another model doesn’t make the previous one any less special !

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    430 is the best bang out there for a ferrari ,modern looks,modern performance 500 hp.does not look aged,they can be had for 90/110 k for a great example.love my f430 ive had it for a long time and not thinking of selling nothing t replace it with for that kind of money

Attached Files:

Manda racing and lewishou like this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i miss my 355

13. Natkingcolebasket69

A testarossa ?;)

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Agree on 430 awesomeness and 355 is on the never sell list!!!!

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    yes a tr too tr and f 430 are the best buy so much for your money

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    will get another one soon

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    94 512tr on my never sell list too!

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Nice!!!! Diablo is a keep till death as well.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  19. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    OK… So I just went for a nice 30 minute drive around town, then hit the grocery store for my wife, then came home. Top down the whole time. I am never selling this F430! Damn. What a sound

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Oem exhaust or any aftermarket pieces?

21. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Cat delete; capristo valve remote switch; straight pipes with custom muffler. Love the sound

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Omg!!!!! Lol. It must SCREAM!

23. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Even the stock configuration with the valves open is epic

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally - my 06 sounds different than my 07...
    on my 06 i have capristo headers and cap hi flow cats - have been hesitant to change the mufflers because its a spider and im afraid it will be too loud when the top is down

25. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I sometimes get the itch to sell my 430. Then I go for a drive and realize there is nothing out there that compares at this price point.

Buy one with the headers/issues already addressed. Get one that has been de-stickied. Drive and enjoy.

I really like the raw feel of the 430. If I wanted something tamer, more modern and faster, I would have kept my Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio.

Steve