Would you chip in to buy DES a Ferrari? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Would you chip in to buy DES a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!

DES, you'll never know until you try...

A friend of mine used to be a Lucent employee... always grumbling about how bad managment was, how he could do the same job himself and better, etc etc... but never really got around to setting up his own startup... well it finally took 3 yrs, 2 failed companies, but #3 was a BIG success...

I say go for it :)

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I propose we market "Ferrari Chat Essentials" entitled the "DES Kit"

The DES Kit will be a quick startup to Ferrari ownership supplied by Ferrari Chat members collectively or by a generous member. The lucky recipient of a DES Kit will receive (1) one Ferrari car. Year and model TBD. (1) One pair of driving gloves. (1) gas card good for fillup of premium fuel. (gorgeous girl model not included)

Fine details to be worked out by a crack team of accountants as to the 1099 or tax break.

- Gabe

3. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    No we need to buy him a ferrari and a lambo, then a $2 mil dollar house, pay for his living expenses and insurance etc. Come on guys, if i had the extra money i'd donate and help some poor, sick people who dont even own a damn car

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mighty's right, guys... At least i have a roof over my head, food to eat, a car to drive, etc.... If you have money to spare, there are lots of unfortunate, more DEServing people out there who could use it... Don't get me wrong, a "DES kit" would be awesome, :), however, some local homeless guy would be a lot better off with a "warmth kit" or a "food kit" or a "help me find a job and get on my feet-kit"...
    Ferraris are a luxury, not a necessity...

5. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    why do we need to buy him an f-car - the guy gets free rides in f-cars everywhere he goes and many people go out of their way to let him drive their cars - he is enjoying ferraris without all the owership hassles :) smart man.

BTW I can see it now on ebay and other for sale ad descriptions -

98 355 spider - 15k red on tan, one owner, all services, once driven by the famous DES 110k.

Des is the man

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Tifosi, no, YOU'RE the man...! :)

7. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    That car i wont buy, lol

8. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    It will have the paint chips to prove it :)

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There's no way it would ever be for sale in the first place. :)

10. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    DES + F-car=Tickets...

Just Kidding.

These threads seem to work. I am going to start a "Help Jeremiah get out of debt" thread. A good 10,000 clams would do!

I think that it is great that there are so many people that want to help someones dreams become a reality. I still think that the best feeling about owning an F-car is knowing that you've earned it through hard work. If Dan does recieve an F-car thaat would be fantastic but I agree that owning one and affording one is to different ball games.

Best of luck to you DES!

P.S. You still look like a serial killer.:)

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Pull/flog- uh, i mean Bullfrog :))), how are you...? Nice to see you on the board...
    Yeah, i agree, hard work is the best way to get a Ferrari... But i can't buy one until i have enough money put aside to have Houghtaling, Hart & Cochran all on retainer for various tickets, offenses, violations and whatever else might arise from ownership... :)

How are things going on your end...? Well, i hope... Give a man a call some time, ya heard...? :)

12. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Mighty;

This is a forum in which many members DO donate to charities, etc. and DO have a few extra bucks to fund a car, per my post. "The penny from a poor man is equal to the thousands given by a rich man". Its not the amount, its whats in one's heart who gives.

Welcome to the chat. Keep posting!

Cheers, Pete

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    And there's a lot more in your heart than most, Pete... :)