Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Nov 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  1. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    I apologise if it seems I was unfairly judging you, as that was not my intention.

If you have any insider info, could you share any stories? I followed F1 religiously in the late 90's but stopped following around 2005 so most of the grid is new to me. I wasn't around for the drama in Hamiltons early years.

I follow his Instagram as well as the other driver and he does seem to be pushing himself as a "brand" moreso than the other drivers. I think that style may be good for the younger fans of the sports, his social media presence really does bring in new fans, which F1 sorely needs. So yeah I myself don't agree his lifestyle choices but hey, it's his life to live.

Micheal Jordan is known to be a collossal ******* and prick to most that have had encounters with him, with a bad gambling habit. That doesn't take away from what he accomplished on the court. So that's how I view Hamilton.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    That's the biggest crock I've heard on here. Period.

ATBNM3, kraftwerk, ktu and 3 others like this.
  3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Yeah, it's quite sad that some think that a measure of Lewis is what he wears, and other crap that just has zero bearing on his driving skills. True fans of Formula 1 know how good Lewis is, while Ferrari F1 fans hate him because he hasn't driven and won a title for Ferrari. Then you read the crap about his social life, etc, etc......who gives a flying crap? I don't watch F1 for any other reason other than to watch the very best racers on the planet driving the most advanced race cars on the planet.

The guy is a 5-time World Champ for a reason. People claim he had the best car? He certainly has one of the best cars, but if you want to gauge how the Mercedes performs in the hands of a better-than-average F1 driver, you need look no further than Bottas. He is an accurate measuring stick for the car. Lewis gets better results because he is the best driver. One of the Ferraris will typically beat Bottas in a race. Plug Lewis into the Ferrari, and I think he would have won the WC for Ferrari this year. After all, he wouldn't have had himself in the Benz to beat. And as the best driver, he would have had better results than the Ferrari drivers.

ATBNM3, kraftwerk, bmwracer and 5 others like this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wow, got into the forum today and had "10 alerts" just because of that Hamilton's photo. :eek:

Come one guys, let's face it, the average Ferrari customer shifted from the typical 50-year old aristocrat that lives at rue Rembrandt in Paris to the rapper of Hollywood or Miami Beach, so Hamilton would be a great fit. Wait until Ferrari starts to offer 26" chrome rotating wheels and gold paint on the new upcoming SUV . :D:p

5. halr75

halr75 Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    I feel that Hamilton's obsession with image and bling would fall in quite naturally with the common place Italian notion of La Bella Figura as it is seen by the average Italian.

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Is that why button out scored him in the same machinery, and Rosberg beat him to the title, and he needed team orders and influence to prevent him doing it two other times?

7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really?, you need to get out more

8. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    This. x100.

ATBNM3 and kraftwerk like this.
  9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Judging by the post count on here I think it's clear who should get out more.

ATBNM3, kraftwerk and william like this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s because I’m a valued member, and my post count covers a whole lot of fchat, not just in the F1 section trying to get people banned and riled up! Why don’t you ask the guys that I got back their thousands of dollars when they were conned by a UK based scammer what they think of me, or maybe the people in Vegas that I carried on my back to safety after they’d been shot last year. You seem to want to try to disparage my reputation, but I think it’s laughable you care so much about me to try. ;)

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So the latest excuse why Ham is not great is he doesn't know one of the mechanics daughter's birthday?

ATBNM3, kraftwerk and william like this.
  12. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    You say it jokingly, but it will become reality :(

ATBNM3, Flavio_C and william like this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Of course. Put a GTC4 Lusso on big wheels and you are half way to a SUV!
    I won't be long before the new Ferrari management sees the light and intoduces them in the range.
    Porsche did it, then Jaguar, Lamborghini, Maserati, even Bentley, and Lotus soon.
    The profit made on SUVs allows then to still produce sports cars.
    Also the SUV configuration is ideal to conceal the weight and volume of the batteries.
    Because, like it or not, most cars soon will have to be hybrid at best, or all electric at worst.
    Electric Ferraris !!!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    arrgh!!! Nooooo!!

Electrics are for people who can't do aerodynamics!!

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am always impressed by your selected reading... of all things said this is the only thing you get out of a post....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, sammysaber and daytona355 like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Like wise

ATBNM3, Jakuzzi and kraftwerk like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, I know, that goes against Ferrari DNA, but that's the only way to meet the zero carbon emission target by 2050.

Almost all car makers plan to turn their production to hybrid or electric vehicles in the future.

Nortonious likes this.
  18. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    That is the current trend for certain.

Hey, here's a scenario for you: Maybe Ferrari will field a Formula E team and after LH stagnates at 5 F1 WDC he heads over there...as the #2 driver behind Lucas di Grassi, or Vandoorne, or Piquet's kid.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nah ..that will be the slot for Vettel;)

ATBNM3 and Nortonious like this.
  20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Ouch. I will chuckle at that on the lift. Breck Peak 9 opens tomorrow!

21. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Please let’s not start again with the Hamilton hate , we know who hate him , don’t need to read it again for the 1100 th time

ATBNM3, ktu and william like this.
  22. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

Terra, ATBNM3, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  23. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LMAO :D :D :D

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    "Aerodynamics are for those who can't build engines." :p:D

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

And that statement proved to be completely wrong.

In the past, Ferrari paid dearly for rejecting new technologies.