Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Nov 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  1. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Ironically, it was Ferrari to first run a separate, ~full width rear wing on an F1 car, Spa 1968...

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

But I also remember Ferrari resisting rear engines, disc brakes, fuel injection, independent suspension, spaceframe, and later monocoque, ground effect, composite material, etc ... and finally adopting them. Apart from the paddle shift gearbox brought in by John Barnard (a British engineer) , Ferrari has hardly been the spearhead of technology in F1.
    A Cooper chassis was brought in at Maranello in the late 50s, to show the engineers how a rear engine car was built!
    1958 Mike Hailwood had his mechanics fit in great secrecy Jaguar disc brakes on his F1 Ferrari to prove their efficiency to the Commandatore!
    Because the Webber carburators were Italian, Ferrari wanted to keep them instead of switching to the more efficient British Lucas injection system.
    Ferrari allowed John Surtees to race in the CanAm in 1966, so that the monocoque Lola T70 chassis could be copied.
    When Forghieri designed his first monocoque F1, Thompson in England wad commissioned to build the chassist because no one in Italy could fabricate it.
    Etc ... etc ...

ATBNM3 and Adrian Thompson like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You do like picking posts out of context, the second quote was made when someone was suggesting Elton would somehow frighten people from saying things to his face NOW, and was made in a totally different conversation, the other is from more recently stating the fact that I have met the short donut. Get it right if you are trying to make a point, don’t manipulate things from their original context, it makes you look stupid

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, a totally different thread, the Elton fans suggesting none of us would ever dare say anything to his face. It was posted on 3rd September 2018, the first quote in your attack was today. You see, months apart, and on different subjects. Unless I was to own a time machine on 3 September and go back to 2007 (when our paths crossed) then it would be difficult to say to his face things about him that have developed over the following 11 years, or maybe you know something I don’t about time travel?

As usual, fer312, you are simply attempting to troll me, so if that’s your thing, please make sure you aren’t so easily shown to be manipulating the posts to try to disaparage me. I think there may be something about that in the TOU of this site, under showing other members due respect.

5. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No, there was no attack, no manipulation, nor am I calling you a liar.
    I was simply pointing out a seemingly obvious conflict between two recent posts...both of which are in fact about exactly the same subject (Hamilton driving for Ferrari.) I posted in both threads, so it was something that stood out. It was/is your choice to provide some context, or not.

There were no posts in that thread that I can see - immediately preceding your Sept. 3 post - that suggested this was the case.

Yes, I'd appreciate you not calling me a troll, or stupid etc.

ATBNM3 and kraftwerk like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

The discussion in the NOW CLOSED thread was about Elton, and various posters were suggesting no one would dare say to his face what they thought of him, I confirmed that i would have no problem. It did not ask if anyone had met him

You seem to read a lot into peoples posts, and take rather the wrong meaning. I asked you not to twist my posts around to try to make me look stupid, because it’s a fact that if you do it, and get caught out, it has the opposite effect. If you don’t like that, then it’s easy, stop picking at me like you do very often

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Go No!

daytona355 likes this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Putting Elton in a Ferrari would be like designing the most beautiful dress in the world, and then getting Susan Boyle to model it..... completely ruining the creation.

I’m happy with Ferrari’s current line up for next year, a proven champion in Vettel, who given the car and competent team management, can win multiple races and championships IF Ferrari deliver, and Chuckie, Chas, Charlie, Charles (insert favorite name version) to learn the ropes and develop hopefully to our answer to Max Verstappen...... he’s cool under pressure, excellent race craft, intelligent enough to read the race as it develops and adjust his driving to suit.... a future champion given the right equipment and management. Our lineup is future proofed hopefully

Jakuzzi, fil and Nortonious like this.
  9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Jeezuz what a troll. Give it up already.

ATBNM3 and kraftwerk like this.
  10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    All you posters need to stick to the topic and not each other.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    There is nothing wrong with picking out two relevant but seemingly contradictory posts from a user's posting history and asking for an explanation.

Equally there is nothing wrong with explaining the difference in context and meaning between the two quotes.

Neither requires throwing charges of trolling or stupidity around.

cairns, ATBNM3 and kraftwerk like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Glad to see the ‘no’ votes have a healthy lead

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Jakuzzi and Igor Ound like this.
  13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    ATBNM3 likes this.
  14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    F2003-GA, ATBNM3 and cairns like this.
  15. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Cos that's just what Ferrari is ... beautiful but who cares if it can sing?
    ( I don't actually think that any of the current F1 cars are anywhere near beautiful, so for me, it's all about the singing.)

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    My post was just intended for Hamilton's haters. ;)

ATBNM3 likes this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think one thing we can all agree on ...he has a decent taste in cars! when the doors go up we all know what happens to the panties right?:D The guy has made good give him a break!

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    They get in a bunch? ;)

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As long as his money keeps flowing into Ferrari’s coffers I’m happy for him to be driving them. Just so long as he never ever drives an F1 car, then it’s war!, and I’ll be making sure my Ferrari’s have Charles number on them as a sign of defiance!

20. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    No. He can start a new career hawking merchandise like the Kardashians as far as I'm concerned. :rolleyes:

21. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    You have a very active imagination.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  22. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #147 ylshih, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    ATBNM3, Daytona355 - posts deleted . 30 day thread bans.

23. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yes. And I invented the question mark.

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Interesting comments by Montezemolo: "Hamilton was so strong this year, he would have won the championship even as a Ferrari driver."

ktu, kraftwerk, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

When the car is fast and so is the pilot without mistakes, amazing things happen lol :)

kraftwerk, ATBNM3 and william like this.