Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Would you like Hamilton at Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Nov 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The mentioning of Sebs moustache was done to counter your remark that we are only here to talk about motorsport... I do not know why you think that I am drawing equivalence, I even marked it as a joke!!!

The tolerance is requested to accept that for some reasons people do not like Lewis instead of belittling their opinion to base motives as repeatingly done in the past (mentioning rassism, homophobia, jealousy, hatred character....). This is at least as annoying as everything said about Lewis

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'd rather not try it at all, to be honest.o_O

375+ likes this.
  3. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Exactly. Why we aren’t fans of a particular driver is subjective. If we want to tumble into accusations of bigotry, point them out directly. Otherwise my comment regarding Stroll holds a similar amount of water as the bigotry shown towards Lewis in this thread, none here and none in 247 pages of ridiculing Stroller.
    While it’s Flavio’s right to kick the can on motives behind the lack of enthusiasm many of us have towards Hamilton, calling everyone a bigot who isn’t a supporter is silly, the Lance thread was used merely to illuminate the point.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think anyone hates Hamilton because he has tattoos, hangs out with celebrities, has **** fashion sense or his taste in music.

I do think people take the piss out of **** clothes, his singing and ridiculous hair, just like we take the piss out of Vettel's ridiculous facial ornament. Quite frankly if you do any of those things you have to expect some people take the piss out of you.

I've never seen anyone write ''I hate Hamilton because he has tattoos*'' (* can be replaced with ''sings terrible'', ''dresses like Elton John'' ''hangs out with **** celebs''). I'm pretty sure if he had been a widely adored driver here people would still say the same.

Schumacher I think is one of the most adored drivers ever (especially here) and even he gets the piss taken out of him for his mullet and 'stache he sported in the 90s...and it was sort of fashionable back then!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura likes this.
  5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Oof on that caterpillar. Almost as bad as the wink in the Merc ad.

6. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I don't see it as a great analogy...who was even aware Stroll has Jewish ancestry?

So presumably you were rooting against Senna and Alonso with such vitriol when they were racing and beating the Ferraris...right?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Hamilton is a superb driver, no question but he is an unrelenting narcissist. IMO he is desperate to be the center of attention and he looks like a ****ing clown.

I was not and it has no bearing on my opinion of him as a driver.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  8. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    That picture of Michael with the teenage 'stache and mullet rivals Jeff Gordon's look when Jeff was in his early-20s.

Attached Files:

Bas likes this.
  9. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

Senna was loved by A LOT of people, you can't even compare Elton to him.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #211 daytona355, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Senna was a driving god, I found time alongside being a tifosi to idolise Ayrton, and he had a personality. I had hoped one day Ferrari would have produced a car he felt worth driving. I hated Alonso with a passion until he joined Ferrari - you do remember he was a Ferrari driver right? - so I’m not sure what you are getting at with putting him in. What it does prove, of course, is that I am not blind to real talent if it doesn’t sit in a red cockpit, but I am careful to make sure I only support real talent, not ****s (I supported Michael from the moment he came into f1, something about his style was so right we all knew he was the GOAT, even before he won his first race).

Elton has few redeeming qualities, and while he is a good driver, he lucked into the most dominant car of all time at the right moment, and if he had driven any other car in that period, no one would mention him in the same breath even as Vettel, let alone trying to claim he is some kind of wonderful driving god. A true great driver takes a badly performing car and makes it dance anyway, wins races with stuff no one else could, drives around problems, makes wierd strategies work - Senna, Michael, very few others could do that. Alonso could almost qualify, but Elton, whose answer when the car isn’t right is to shout and whine at his team, beg for team orders, threaten to park his car and generally be a *****, is most definately NOT a great in the true spirit of great, even if the statistics boosted by the extended dominance of the team might suggest otherwise.

Being this, regardless of whether or not people like it, IS a ferrari biased forum, it’s in the name for ****s sake, so I find it extremely wierd that so many of his fans congregate here expected him to be blindly worshipped and admired by the most staunch supporters of his adversaries?, and many other supposed ‘fans of f1’ seem set to be sheep and follow the Brit press and sky sports muppets that sniff at the ass of Elton and promotes his self serving ********. Even the oft-dragged up crap about his home town of Stevenage being a slum gets a regular airing to try to up his image, make him a poor kid done good, when in fact, Stevenage is hardly among the poorest towns within 20 miles of itself, let alone the bloody country. It’s a middle class suburb, sure, there is a council estate where some poor kids live, but Elton didn’t live there, nor is the presence of a council estate anything different to ANY town in the country, who all have a council estate, and all of those are poorer areas than the rest of the respective towns - that’s what council estates are built for, to house jobless and/or low income people. Elton’s dad was well off enough to fund his carting until Ron Dennis took over, poor kids dads can’t buy them a toy car, let alone a racing go kart, so while he wasn’t a millionaires kid like Rosberg, let’s not go overboard about the tattoos that supposedly represent poor kids and all that gangsta ********, because he’s a phoney

nsxrebel, fil, Isobel and 2 others like this.
  11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    That’s an idea for Grosjean! Become Jewish, get some earrings -> feel free to moaning and driving like a moron

daytona355 likes this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Of course you can...Hamilton is loved by A LOT of people as well.
    Incidentally if - in period - Senna was subject to the cacophony of internet noise that swirl around modern drivers, Senna would be an even more controversial figure than he already is.

You've really answered you own question here... much as it was same for you Senna/Ferrari...mature, thoughtful humans are quite capable of liking (or simply respecting) two things at once even if they are are in competitive conflict.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :eek::D:D:D:D

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I was...

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #216 ktu, Apr 4, 2019
    Both Senna and Hamilton are loved by a lot of people. They both have great impact on F1. However i would say 20 years from now, Hamilton may have a bigger impact on F1. Their have been Brazilian champions before Senna, and maybe after. F1 has seen that before. There has'nt and probably never will be another champion of Hamilton's kind. He has opened up a whole new demographic to F1. People who would otherwise never be interested in F1, you see at the races now. And if he breaks a few more records, you can hang it up, he will be the biggest icon of F1.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    In 50 years there is no more F1...
    What exactly is Lewis´ "kind"?
    Those "new people" will be gone as soon as Lewis is gone because most of them do not care about a F1 without Lewis.
    Define "icon"...

stavura, 375+, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    To what do you refer? He is not the first British champion, nor the first English one? I’m curious, why should this dipstick be more important than anyone else in the history of f1 ever? Please tell us..... I’m intrigued

Bas likes this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #219 ktu, Apr 4, 2019
    1. whether F1 is still around or not won't change the posted statements.
    2. Lewis is Black
    3. Neither you or i know what fans will do
    4. Icon- A person or thing that is revered or idolized

ATBNM3 likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't worry about it, i knew that post would go over some peoples head.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    It does, because what impact can Lewis have on F1 in 50 years when there is no F1???
    I thought we are colourblind here :rolleyes:
    It is pretty obvious when looking around here... a few people have absolutely zero input in anything apart from posts about Lewis. What will they talk about when he is gone ;)
    By whom

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Or below their feet, just a question of the perspective ;)

Bas likes this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I don't get it. People mentioning that Hamilton is "narcissistic" , craving for attention, not having the "profile" of a Ferrari driver (or whatever that means)... So then I ask: why the f!@k you care about it ?! I personally don't like all these stuff but if he could make Ferrari champion again, I'm all for ditching Vettel. I care about the driver performing inside the car.

Similar to that I noticed how the British journalists and fans liked/like to bash Nelson Piquet, Nigel Mansell's team mate and archrival, on some old Youtube videos and current articles about F1 in the 80's. As in Piquet's own words when asked "How do you compare yourself to Mansell?":

"First Nigel likes to play golf, a sport for old people, and I play tennis".
    "Second, he likes ugly women (referring to Mansell's wife) and I like the beautiful ones"
    "Third, he lost 3 world championships and I won 3".

:D:D:D

So who cares how a driver behaves outside of the cockpit if he beats everyone else on the track?!

More fun stuff from Piquet:

ktu likes this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

So are you using race as the definition of being better than anyone else? Dangerous ground. Personally, I don’t take any notice of a persons ethnicity when considering their exploits or accomplishments, that you do is pretty sad, and to suggest that Elton will achieve some kind of status as the result of a default because of his colour is offensive

Oh, and intimating I or any other person here is stupid is likely to cause offence, and get reported as such, so less of the ‘knew it would go over some people’s heads’ please. I wanted you to explain yourself, and your answer proves what I thought you were getting at, and it’s not cool

stavura likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Show me where i said he is better than everyone else because he is black. Every body is equal as a person. What i said was Lewis may be the biggest F1 icon if he holds the most records and he is the only one of his kind to do it. Obviuosly you won't become a F1 icon if you never won a race, no matter if you are black, green, purple , whatever. Nice try though

ATBNM3 likes this.