Would you trade Perf for Speciale?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would you trade Perf for Speciale??

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by plastique999, Sep 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    $500k Speciale?

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    +1
    I could not have said it better myself. My spec is the same (no LDS, but yes on magneto) so too the driving experience (no snow/ice though!). I love the car. Super noisy naturally aspirated V10, raw, but planted, turns in great. Exotic styling that still looks current well into its life cycle. Being 6’6” I had to go with the comfort seats though...

Shack and Coincid like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Speciale asking prices on ebay:

$380K- 2750 miles
    $360K- 6300 miles
    $340K- 10,000 miles.

None listed at 1100 miles.

4. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    there are some sub 800 mi speciales in the 390-415 range that I've had sent to me from brokers.

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Call around there are several and have been sub 1500 miles in the 400-425 price range.

Thx.

6. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    If collecting is your thing then the Speciale is likely a better long term car. However, I’ve owned a 458, 488, Huracan and Performante and I’m amazed at just how good the Performante is. It handles great, it’s fast, sounds amazing and is so planted it’s unbelievable. Many won’t agree (especially on this forum) but the Performante is to me the best of the four cars mentioned above.

Also I think the production for coupes will be under 2000 with the production ending in 2019 and the Spyder will be in the hundreds . How anyone can say “they made a ton” is a bit perplexing considering they made more then 2000 Speciale coupes and more then 500 458 Aperta’s. Sure it’s not a numbered car but it’s hardly over produced. Lastly, I still love Ferrari and it remains my favorite brand. I have a Pista on order and can’t wait to compare it to the competition. I’ve never been a huge Lamborghini fan but I have to give credit to them on the Performante. It’s an incredible car!!

7. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Well said. I was thoroughly disappointed by the 580 and 610, but the Performante seems to be a completely different experience (still need to get my hands on one.

I still do question the limited production figures I keep seeing here. Historically, when Lamborghini does artificially limit a car, they are always quick to emphasize the limited production. I did a quick search, and have found no official statement that Performante numbers will be artificially limited. Also, Lamborghini is pumping Huracans out at ever increasing rates.

Also, it seems likely the Huracan will eventually get facelifted, and then receive another round of hardcore variants. If Lamborghini maintains their target growth, the facelifted production run will be even larger than the first gen Huracan. Extrapolate that to the hardcore variants, and that means a large amount of Performante Huracans sold.

8. RoketRdr

RoketRdr Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    West Texas / Houston
    Leaked pics of the facelifted Huracan came out a couple of weeks ago. So it can probably be expected for 2020.

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I ordered my Perf withOut the LDS but I do have the magneto suspension. But for some reason I still feel the steering feedback to be a bit numb.
    I am not knocking the Perf in any way, I just feel that modern cars with their incredible “GTR/Mac”-like electronic technology take away from the visceral driving experience.

After the HP Spyder production year,
    there is supposed to be an STS version and then done.

Sent from my 16M

10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not sure how you drive the car but I find the steering very precise and quick and connected to the ground. I have the centre-lock wheels and not sure if the tyres are different

Now the STS is what I REALLY want :)

11. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Would you do anything different if you ordered the car again? Add dynamic steering? Not include magnetic shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    The whole “limited” production numbers from Lamborghini is a bit disappointing.
    I had a deposit on the SVJ but as soon as they released the 900 number I pulled out of the coupe (to the roadster- but who knows on these #’s).
    At this point rather than the SVJ, I’m strongly considering an SA.

Sent from my 16M

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Different price points for sure. The SA will be very jiggly and lacking in rigidity. But otherwise good car.

09Scuderia likes this.
  14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    As some of you may know, I used to track quite a bit in LotusCupUSA, so my background for raw is a bit tilted. I’ve driven the Perf on track (Thermal) and have done plenty of canyon runs with it. I also drove it on long trips - took it to Monterey Car Week this year.
    I also have center locks and on the P zero Corsas (not Trofeo R’s).
    Perhaps I should have ordered it without the magneto shocks.....wonder if that would give more direct connection to the road. But I don’t know anyone that has ordered without the magneto....anyone?
    I will again repeat the Perf is absolutely amazing...but just not for me, and thus I am wondering if the Speciale may provide a more connected experience. I have quite a few friends with S’s, just have to find time to trade cars with them
    for a day.

Sent from my 16M

09Scuderia likes this.
  15. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    I have not driven the performnante yet but had the huracan for 12 months when it first came out. I did not have the mag shocks and the ride was too choppy and harsh for me, the car bottoms out at times, I would not get the base suspension in the huracan. I do live in the NYC metro area so the roads are horrid. I would definitely test drive with /without mag shocks before making a decision.

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Speciale absolutely. An amazing car in every sense, as someone said when you drive it you feel like you are part of the car, the responses are instant and it has for me that thrilling go cart feeling.

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im right now debating between a 720 and a Performante. Not sure which way Ill go. Im 6'4" and dont fit well inside lambos so that will play a role....first world problems. Decisions, decisions.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’m about 6.2 and I dont fit in the Perf Spyder, FWIW.

They are very diff cars IMO. 720 is undisputed speed king, missing soul. Perf is loud AF but not as quick or fast.

19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ll be honest- it’s not about outright speed for me. I want to complement my 488 and GT3. Not sure which one does that best. Test drives coming soon.

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    That’s a tough one to think about actually.
    IMO 488 is the GT of the bunch. Gt3 track weapon.
    720 would be the faster track weapon.
    Perf would be track solid but perhaps more of the fun/showy car.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m open to other suggestions. Thought about an F12. Prices have come down....might be a good opportunity to get one hat has gone through depreciation curve.

Maybe a 570- 85% of performance of 720 at 50% the cost.

I have a gt3 rs. Selling that keeping the gt3.

Not sure there is anything else worth considering.

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    That’s my dilemma also. Sold Speciale and 458 spider and have the perf spider. But what else is there....720 for track but not at these prices as depreciation is just waiting to hit. FGT doesn’t excite me. Only the f12 TDF but also not at the inflated value.
    Toying with SVJ. Big showy car for cruising.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    SVJ is badass but too rich for my blood at 600k.

Right now it’s perf, 720 or f12 for me. Will spend some time and figure it out.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I really need to go drive the F12. I follow that sub forum and owners LOVE the car.
    If I lived where it rained at all I’d have the FF.

iloveferrari likes this.
  25. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I guess it depends what you’re planning on using the car for. I absolutely love my .2 GT3 and will have a difficult time parting with it ever. The Performante is a drivers car too but more showy and exotic, louder and faster. The 488GTB is the GT car of the group. The 488 is easiest to live with daily and drive more frequently.

The 720s is a sweet car but the build quality , service and depreciation continue to be a problem for most. The car’s incredibly fast but just doesn’t seem to have the soul and connection to the driver as the others.

The aventador s/ svj is a cool car but too big, heavy and the single clutch trans continues to be an issure. Further, the visibility is not great. Maybe fast on the track but not that enjoyable to drive and for most people not a great track car (despite its recent record).

So, maybe the Pista is the logical car to get. I haven’t driven one yet but it seems to be an amazing car. I won’t have mine till next Summer so can’t give you personal impressions yet.

09Scuderia and SoCal to az like this.