Wow Lussos are Pretty | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Wow Lussos are Pretty

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by furmano, Jun 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    36DCS are natural

36DCL/6 and 40 DCL/6 are black

2. regaliaconcours

regaliaconcours Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Sun Valley
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL REGALIA
    Geno, One quick note: The white/off white plastic reservoir you have on your car is also correct, it will not have any sort of label on the lid(only the metal reservoir). The metal one will be CAD1 plated along with lid. Hope this helps, Mike

3. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Mike-
    I hope they park our cars next to each other. An early 930, the iconic car that broke the 5 second-flat barrier (not to mansion a McQueen car) to my CGT, Porsche's latest masterpiece. Now that will look nice! See you there.

Geno.

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Tom-

It could be that my Lusso has the wrong carbs on it. They are currently fully rebuild with the black paint fully striped. Maybe to make these 40 DCL/6 cabs appear correct, I should leave them in their silver natural state and not pain them black. What do you think? Aside from reading the metal tag on the carb, do they look much different than the 36 DCS that normally came on all Lussos?

Geno.

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Mike-

Mark from Hawaii, an Fchat member, tells me that the early production Lussos came with the metal reservoir. He goes not to say that it becomes the exception and all the cars that are above #5689 show the plastic reservoir. BTW, I also have seen black undercoating on the lid of the reservoir of some cars.

Geno.

6. regaliaconcours

regaliaconcours Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Sun Valley
    Full Name:
    MICHAEL REGALIA
    Geno, Tom is correct 36DCS not DCL'S. I would say that Mark is probably generally correct, I just can't say for sure when a definite change took place on the reservoir's. Mike

PS I do hope we are showing together at Quail

7. vwallac

vwallac Rookie

Jan 11, 2009
    I have had a Lusso in the family for nearly 40 years. After the family completed major resotration work and went tyo Meadowbrook, one judge looked at it and compared it toa 88 GTO and said " The GTO is like a firey teenager- it will get you into trougle ;), but the Lusso is Sophia Lauren and enough was said!

8. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    i have pics of all of basile chadlun cars in his warehouse behind
    his house...

steve maman

9. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    we're waiting.......perhaps another thread so as not to blow this one up? or are they all Lusso's.....?

BTW: Basil Shadlun

10. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    #60 xs10shl, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Definitely one of my favorite Ferrari shapes - perhaps the best ever, IMHO. I had a 6c conversion '64 - made all the right sounds, had all the right looks.

11. alvestia

alvestia Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Lisboa
    Full Name:
    Tiago Carvalho Alves
    #61 alvestia, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017