WRC, season starts today!!!!!! | FerrariChat

WRC, season starts today!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by vincent355, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Allright,

The WRC is one of the most exciting series around. And the rally Monte Carlo does not disappoint yet again!!!

Loeb takes the early points lead followed by Martin and Duval. Though Duval slowed up to let Martin in the points.

The new Peugeot looks good, but it doesn't seem like Gronholm and pannizzi feel really comfortable with the new 307.

There were a couple of private entries, running last years 206's. I wonder what they paid for the cars and parts?

Vincent.

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I was watching it too. The WRC is a awsome racing series. In my opinion those guys are the best drivers in the world. They drive in the aboslute worst conditions full blast, as fast as they can go. Rain, snow, dirt, gravel, ice, fog, paved road, jumps, mud, streams, sand, on the edge of cliffs, you name it they race in it. Lets see some NASCAR driver do that. The WRC drivers are hard core.

3. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    #3 Gilles, Jan 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    It's going to be a good battle this year between the top teams. I think everyone from Loeb, Solberg, Martin, and Gronholm have a shot.

Just a correction, Pannizzi is driving the Mitsu this year.

I think Loeb will win it this year. He should have won it last year but was robbed of the chance in the last rally when Citronen told him to hold back so they could win the manufacturers championship.

I think the 307 will be the best car but I think Loeb will come out on top.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    John,

My bad, so used to Panizzi in the Peugeot.

I used to have a 405mi16 (fun car), so I have a little soft spot for the peugeots. Loeb is looking good, and my feeling is that he has a much better killer instinct and wits about him than Gronholm. I think this will be a very....very interesting season. due to increasing popularity in the US and because the relialibilty of the Ford and the Citroen.

Definitely a series where keeping the shiny side up is so ever important!

Let's keep an eye on it.

Vincent.

6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Gilles,

Quelle belle photo!!!!

Merci,

Vincent.

7. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Vincent,

I started following WRC about three years ago and am relatively new to the sport but I think head and shoulder above the rest (including F1) these are the most gifted drivers in the world. Certainly from a fear factor they rank 1st. I remember the Mitsu a few years ago (2002?) hanging half way over a stone fence with a 700 ft drop off below.

The changing conditions these drivers face would make an F1 driver blush.

I really wish MS would have taken up Colin McRae's challenge to see who is the fastest man alive.

I think it's going to come down to Loeb and Gronholm. I think the 307 is a much faster car than anything else in the field but like this past week's rally I think they will have reliability problems for the first few rallies. Their 4 speed gear box looks like it's an advantage.

I don't think Martin can be counted out but I think he makes too many mistakes and the Ford doesn't always have the reliability as the others.

Then again my predictions could be way off. No way in hell I thought Sollberg would win the title last year.

Nice to know I am not the only WRC on this site.

Regards,

Jon

8. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    The reason they went with the four speed was because they increased the torque of the car. They had a side be side comparison, on the digital video, and this years car is way quicker than last years. The pug is gonna be the car to beat. However the biggest factor with these cars is the correct tire selection. I have seen them loose almost a half minute due to picking the wrong tires, and vice versa. The specators are the craziest, or stupidest. They crowed the track way too much. One of the things that some of the retards like to do is, reach out and brush their hand against the side of the car as it blasts by. I'm surprized they haven't had a fatality in a while. If I remember correct last year a cow got taken out in Greece. I hope that the FIA doesn't waite until it happens to a spectator, or worse spectators. They do shut down the race if there are too many spectators, but they really need to set up viewing areas, or something, before a nasty accident happens.

9. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I've just started to watch WRC more regularly. This is going to be the first season that I've watched from start to finish. I've seen bits and pieces of the 2003 season and I immediately took to Loeb and his driving. Hopefully this will be an exciting season, sure looked to be that way from Monte Carlo.