WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY | Page 10 | FerrariChat

WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Hubert888, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I checked out many stores in Vegas looking for a watch. In the $2-3k range, your best bet is probably somewhere in the Forum shops (like Torneau) or the Venetian Canal shops. I couldn't speak to pricing because I didn't buy so I have no idea how much they'll negotiate. One store manager admitted their business was really slow right now, so you might be able to use that in your favor. But then again, slow is a relative term out there.

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I spent quite a bit of time making sure I got a decent deal, actually. I had done enough research before I left to have a general idea of what I wanted to pay. I knew what the watch was selling for on non-Authorized Dealer websites, so I figured if I could get it for around that price at an AD, it would be a decent deal. On top of that, they shipped the watch to me for sales tax reasons.

I actually bargained with the guy in the store for a while, and he wouldn't come down as much as I wanted him to, so I tried calling his bluff and walking out. He didn't budge. Then I went back to the store later that night (around 11:30pm), and there was a different sales guy there. I figured it was perfect, since I could try to bargain with him separately. After a few phone calls and some back-and-forth, I got it down another $100. Retail on the watch was $7,500, and I paid $5,400 out the door. You guys can tell me whether or not that's a decent price. I generally think 30% off is a good indicator, and that was close enough for me.

And no, I didn't have a chance to check out the Palazzo. My cousin's husband went watch shopping with me, and after 4-5 stores, I felt bad dragging him all over the place. Maybe next time. :)

3. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    From what I've read, 30% is about the most you can expect to get off from an AD. That's what I'll be shooting for on my next purchase.

And it's a beautiful watch. Congrats on the purchase. I like UN watches a lot.

4. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta

Was there an actual "price tag" on the watch? Or he told you MSRP is $7500.

5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There was an actual tag, and I've seen that price all over the place online as the MSRP.

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could take better pictures of it - much better looking in person!

6. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #231 mchas, May 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    Beatiful! That one with a brown rubber strap, it would look GREAT!!:p In case you go for it, pics PLZ

8. Lucas_P

Lucas_P Karting

Apr 14, 2008
    Houten, Holland
    Full Name:
    Luuk
  9. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I really like these watches! To bad I'll never be able to afford them! Dang it!

James
    Austin, TX

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    #235 ShineKen, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Roman456, ronfrohock and walnut like this.
  11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Stunning watch. Congrats! I've got the white face version and I absolutely LOVE it. You're correct, I haven't found pictures yet that do the UN watches justice.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I knew I posted a pic of my Lange platinum Datograph somewhere here. Unfortunately, these were the only pics I ever took of it (and I lost the pics). Thank god for Fchat :). Never should have sold it. I sold it for $36k a decade ago. Been out of the loop with the watch market since I sold it. Anyone got an idea what these are going for today??

Btw... what happened to this thread ? :).

13. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Chrono 24..........$65K and up

ShineKen likes this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Thanks. Should I be surprised :)? I purchased around $22-25k when it first released.

15. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    It pretty much died off well over a decade ago, then along came the "What watch are you wearing today?" thread (where many, if not most, of the watches are over $5K anyway), and that's where all the watch on the wrist pictures are.

TestShoot and ShineKen like this.
  16. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO