WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Hubert888, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    Jeff, where did you buy that? Tapper's?

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm not much into watches, although I've got a Girad-P, Ferrari watch, and a Rolex. What I noticed was that an awful lot of the expensive watches had diamonds all over them, pretty flashy. The watches that we just watches looked pretty neat though. I guess there are two schools of thought on watches: flash, and function.

Art

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i agree with art...i'd be willing to pay for function, not for bling...just my $.02

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art: amny enthusiasts go for brilliance of design and functionality. Look at some of the Breguets, Pateks, etc. Sheer magic.

--Dan

5. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    At Darakjian Jewelers on Northwestern Highway. They have a great selection of watches, including quite a few APs. I've never even been in Tappers, although I've heard about it a few times (I think they're less than a mile away from Cauley Ferrari).

6. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    This is a serious question...

What should I buy..

1) AP Royal Oak
    2) GP Pour Ferrari Chronograph
    3) IWC Portuguese

Really like all three, but would have to limit myself to one. (For everyday use).

Any thoughts / suggestions / experiences would be appreciated..

Thanks, John

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I think it's a toss-up b/w the IWC and the AP. Which Portuguese did you have in mind? Which RO? I like the Off-shore ones better, personally.

--Dan

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I have all three. All different.The GP is sporty on a black rubber strap. The Portugiser Rattrapante is rose gold / white face on a dark brown strap, dressy. The AP RO is yellow gold / black face on a light brown strap, casual.

Tough choice for only one. Would you consider a SS IWC Dopplechrono on a bracelet? ALL three. Sporty, could be dressy or casual.

DL

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    You know, stuff like this makes me feel much better about myself.

Some times I worry that I'm spinning out of control, and then I see a $45,000 watch and I feel so normal and ordinary....

I did have a watch but misplaced it. Anybody seen a calculator Casio around here?

10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I really love watches. These are absolutely awesome. The pink gold one (or is it?) is amazing. (btw, I guess that's where the 5k limit comes in, we want to see fine watches, not crappy Timex...)

Don't know much about them though. Not even enough time to learn as much as I'd want on cars and bikes ...

I highly doubt I'll ever get a 45g watch ... the only watch that withstood an everyday use has been a *cough* Casio G-shock *cough* (no, I won't even bother to post pics! haha). And I'm the kind of guy to use the stuff I like day in and day out. If it withstands the abuse, I love it, if it doesn't, I say it's crap and dump it!!

Not big into the rocky watches, but most of the simple "old" look are my style!!

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Not a collector per se, yet truly appreciate the ART and ingenuity. Pateks, old Omegas, etc. reside here, as does the Swatch mechanical "Body and Soul".

The below is under $5k (please don't flame me), yet very rare Nixie tube watch (using New Old Stock 1968 vintage Nixie tubes). Yes, tubes for a wristwatch Have the very last one ever produced (a run of 25 i believe).

12. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I love watches too. My wife doesn't understand it until I point out her love of jewelry and I explain that this is my jewelry. But I haven't graduated to the upper echelon yet. The most expensive one I own is a $1000 Movado and she thought I was crazy buying that one. Otherwise I wear a simple quartz chronograph daily, but some of those Pateks I just love. I also really want a Tag Heuer Carrera, but even that isn't $5k.

Beautiful watches, nice thread.

Mark

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    cool watch....even nice batteries too :) never seen anything like that

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    AP's are very nice. Check out these photos:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=200844&messageid=1056841044

15. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

If I catch any of you guys *****ing about the price of your 30K service I'm going to refer you back to this thread. If you wonder why people might want to stick it to you, it might be that your $45k watch tells them you've got a few bucks. Not saying it's right, but just saying maybe why it happens.

It is your money, do with it as you please.

This thread reminds me of the best hamburger thread a few months ago where someone posted about a $100 hamburger with truffles and puree'd goose liver mixed in.

My wife's dream watch was only $4992.17, so I guess I won't post it here.

16. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Somehow that blingmeister timepiece on Jesse James' wrist doesn't fit. Kind of like putting lipstick on a pig.

I do have to hand it to James however. The marketing of his bad-boy image in the last three years has been nothing but incredible. Who would have ever thought there would be west coast chopper toys sold in Wal-Mart and two shows on Discovery. For the Harley guys who want everyone to know they spent $100k+ on a bike, WCC is the place to go. Actually, now that I think of it, that watch does seem to fit him.

17. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #42 Teenferrarifan, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My Watch isn't good enough for this thread (breitling Colt Automatic), But my Dad has one watch that is just under the 5k an IWC Portuguise(sp) Schaufan(sp) Stainless steel, a two tone submariner, and he just got a Panerai luminor Marina 44mm in gold with the carbon fibre face one of 400 in the world. He is wearing that watch now, but I will take a pic of the other two.
    Erik
    The Pics aren't that great I didn't feel like taking the watches out of the winder.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #43 ATBNM3, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    First off as an owner of a Panerai I would never consider them Bling at the same time they have been featured in several Arnold SCHWARZENEGGER movies like the Eraser. Here’s a pic of the governor wearing his Panny.

19. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003

LOL Hey Steven both watches are very interesting but that krusty guy - is that a polaroid of you when the beyatch snatched your license.

These timepieces are works of art but i lose too many timex's too ever care too spend big bucks on one.
    T

20. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The below pic is how i looked. Fight authority ;)

Go ahead, take my license. Are you feeling lucky punk? Well, do you?

21. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    It would be a sin for me to own a nice watch...
    I'm so rough on watches, my wife buys me 2 new watches each year,
    one dress and one casual. And when the everyday casual watch is trashed then I just wear the dress watch everyday.

22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Then get a Panerai they are indestructible with a 3.7mm sapphire crystal and constructed for Military use you would have a hard time dinging or scratching one much less breaking one.

23. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    the most beautiful watches in the world in my opinion are Rolex

(1) The daytona with champagne face and black small dials (18 K gold)

(2) The 18 K Rolex gold submariner with blue face

(3) The Presidential in 18 K.

My 2 c worth. Hope no one gets offended from this post.

24. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Rolex watches are always nice and priced right. Oyster bands are classic and will always look good on wrists. However, I disagree with your opinion that Rolex watches are the most beautiful watches in the world.

Check out the Tourbillon watches. Those, IMO, are the most beautiful. Like the F.P Journe Tourbillon watch.

25. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Here is one of mine.

Bob