WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY | Page 3 | FerrariChat

WRIST-WATCH PICTURES of watches costing more than $5000+ ONLY

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Hubert888, Apr 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
  2. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California

lol, as you secretly place your anonymous bid...

-DC

3. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

The only thing thats a "tell" is the lack of a reserve. The pictures aren't very high quality either but theres no specific reason to think its a fake. IE he's acting like it is a 100% real watch. The last item he sold, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31387&item=4102898872 , was a watch for 1,876 and the buyer left good feedback. So I'm willing to say the Patek is for real.

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    good deal at this price if it stays there.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I have always been a fan of rolex. But, there are just too many out there. I was at the Barrett-jackson auction in Arizona and everyone was wearing a rolex, at the country club, church, and most good restuarants they are the only watch you see. I love the way they look esp the stainless steel sub. But, I like to have my own style and wear what might be cheaper but less common ie. Brietling. My Dad owns two rolex's a two tone sub. and a stainless date-just with a jubilee band(sp), but he gets more compliments about his IWC or Panerai then ever his Rolex. That and there are too many fake rolex out there. I mean half the kids in my highschool wear rolex's it might be spelled rollex but still. That's why it is good to have both. Sometimes you want to blend in and other times you want to stand out a bit or set yourself off from the pack.
    Erik

6. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #57 ATBNM3, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is breaking the $5K rule also. If you want a watch that looks BEAUTIFUL and provides EXCLUSITIVTY for a more than reasonable price look no further. I bought one of these last year and have gotten nothing less than stellar comments on it. What I like about Xezo Automatics, they use a Swiss ETA 2688 Automatic Movement, they are limited to 500 in each finish (Vermeil and Palladium Silver) and their original design (they don’t try to look like something there not i.e. Lang or Patek). These pictures are of a Tribune #36/500 mine is #32/500
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    There's one by this Co. on the dash of my Dusey. It has a stopwatch function and you do have to wind it every eight days. It came standard with the car and as the whole car only cost 40K I doubt it cost more than 5K.
    I also have a 1920 Rolex on my wrist but as I only paid $600. for it ( a number of years ago) I can't post a pic of it either.
    Best

8. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #59 ATBNM3, Apr 13, 2004
    I agree function equals beauty.

9. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    It seems that you all have a penchant for the larger watches. Unfortunately for me, anything bigger than 36mm is too large for my absurdly small wrists. Even my Blancpain Flyback was 1 or 2mm too large. I want a Royal Oak but I could never pull it off.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #61 96impalaSS, Apr 13, 2004
  11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ah yes, the fabled Patek pocketwatch. Basically, as i recall, Patek bought it backfor not just their museum. They ALSO wanted to take it apart to see how it was built. You see, as i understand, the original design was not fully documented and they wanted to see how some of the complications were built. Then they could use that "technology" and build upon it.

12. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I don't think my 1919 PF in original unrestored but well running condition reaches the $5000 "posting reserve", but that is not important as it will never be for sale. My GP "pour Ferrari" watch reaches the $5000 limit, but only as a claimed original retail price in ebay auctions.

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I prefer watches that are AT LEAST 42mm in size. The bigger the better!! :) size matters!

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I wished GP didnt produce soooo many Ferrari watches each year. It seems like they come out with a new Ferrari model annually, but all the do basically is just change the dial. So they all look very similar to each other. I wished the Ferrari watches looked more unique compared to one another. What does everybody else think about this?

15. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    And all those grey market sellers on ebay also don't do good for the brand name, that is how I got my GP, for 50% retail price.

16. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    #67 Brandi, Apr 13, 2004
  17. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    watches are worth spending money on and are pretty cool because:
    1) unless you have diamonds all over the bezel they are subtle
    2) no one really knows how much you spent on them unless they are a collector, with the exception of rolex, cartier, piguet, patek.. actually most people don't even know about piguet and patek.
    3) a $6,000 watch can look like a $30,000 watch and a $150,000 watch often look like a $3,000 watch.
    4) they get better with age.
    5) It's one of the only piece of jewelery men can wear legitimately, so while your wife is sporting the rock on the finger, the ears, the neck, the wrist... go ahead and splurge on your one item that will probably last for the rest of your life.

Curious, when is the last time you got a compliment on your watch. I have a conventional Roli but I feel uncomfortable wearing it in front of my clients.

I like the Patek 5036, do they still sell those. What's the difference between the 5036 and the 5037 other than $25,000.00??

18. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    See their website www.patek.com or call a dealer. Looks to be:

Men's complicated watches
    5037/1 J
    Self-winding annual calendar movement with sweep second hand.
    Day, date, month and am/pm indicator.
    Water resistant to 25m.
    Fold-over clasp.
    Case set with 52 diamonds (approx. 1.17 carats).
    Sapphire crystal case back.
    Yellow, white or rose gold.
    Caliber 315 S QA 24H
    Thickness 5.22 [mm]
    Movement diameter 30.00 [mm]
    Case diameter 37.00 [mm]
    Number of jewels 35
    Power reserve min 38 max 48 hours
    Balance type Gyromax
    Vibrations / hour 21600 [Hz]
    Distinctive sign Geneva Seal
    BLING DIAMONDS http://www.patek.com/images/Collections/Timepieces/5037_1_J.jpg

Men's complicated watches
    5036/1 J
    Self-winding annual calendar with power reserve and moon phases.
    Sweep second hand.
    Day, date and month indicators.
    Water resistant to 25m.
    Fold-over clasp.
    Sapphire crystal case back.
    Yellow, white or rose gold.
    Caliber 315 S IRM QA LU
    Thickness 5.22 [mm]
    Movement diameter 30.00 [mm]
    Case diameter 37.00 [mm]
    Number of jewels 37
    Power reserve min 38 max 48 hours
    Balance type Gyromax
    Vibrations / hour 21600 [Hz]
    Distinctive sign Geneva Seal
    http://www.patek.com/images/Collections/Timepieces/5036_1_J.jpg

19. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    My brother's new TAG Heuer 2000 Professional quartz on the left, a friend's Rolex intermediate size Yachtmaster in the middle, and my Omega Seamaster Professional automatic on the right.

20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    GP sponsors Ferrari Challenge and Ferrari’s GT race efforts so I would expect them to make a few Ferrari watches every year.

21. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Bert30,
    That Patek is beautiful.
    Is your GP yellow gold on top of white?

22. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Thanks for the compliment, I like it a lot too. It is entirely made of 14K yellow gold. ***edit: I believe it is called "rose" gold, I have an "extract from the archives" that you can order with PF if you provide the serial number, it gives the original build date, selling date, movement type and case style, but not the type of gold it is made of, the watchcase however says 14K***
    I spent some time on the alt.horology usenet group to learn about the Patek Philippe, I didn't know the brand was valued so high. Patek is one of the few watch makers these days that makes their own movements, together with Rolex. Girard Perreguax does make it's own movements for some watches, like for the Ferrari F1 watches. The GP "pour Ferrari" watches however, do have, like nearly ALL other fine watches, an ETA movement. The not so fine watches have a chinese movement. Oh, Seiko also makes it's own movements. Omega used to, but now they also have ETA movements, reason why old Omegas are valued higher than more recent ones. The ETA movements are very good though, problably equal or better than the original Omega ones. ETA is a Swiss company by the way, go to their website and learn how cheap these movements really are, even the ones for $5000 watches don't cost more than $100. According to the "conaisseurs" or purists in the alt.horology group, the worst watches are the quartz "fine watches" like all TAG Heuer and Breitling Colt for example. A sub $10 movement in a sub $100 case, the rest of the price is determined by marketing. A watchmaker that performs a service on such a watch simplies put in another $10 ETA movement, so I have learned there.

23. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

You can NEVER go wrong with Rolex Daytona STAINLESS STEEL watches :)
    those are hard to get brand new without paying a ridiculous markup.

24. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    #75 Texas Forever, Apr 14, 2004
    Question for you watch guys. Below is a pic (not a very good one, sorry) of my gold Daytona with a tan strap. Here's my question. Because I'm getting old, it is hard to read the gold sticks against the white dial. Does anybody know if you can replace the faces in a Daytona? I'm thinking that a blue face will show the gold sticks better. Any thoughts.

Thx, Dale