Wrong exit for this 550.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wrong exit for this 550....

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Yquem, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hi Vic--Agree. I suppose the cost depends on whether they retrieved it from the top or at the bottom of the house...LOL

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    There are plenty of cranes that can extend out and pick up the whole car, and swing it around on to the road or onto a truck.

I was also wondering about the trajectory. Did it go over another roof which collapsed? It looks like there might be a collapsed roof on the lower level, but I can't tell for sure. Anyone have more details?

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Looks like the right front suspension assembly doesn't look to happy.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Assuming a large crane couldn't make it up the street, how would you get this car off the roof?

I have some ideas involving jacks and/or a forklift...but I would like to hear yours first!

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002

Wrong direction. You want to bring it up, I say down...of course mine had C4 and dynamite involved... :D

--Dan

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Dan, good thinking my man! With the degree of control they have over explosions you almost could "step" this car down. Not too good for the owner of the fine residence, though :)

If a forklift wasn't available, what size hot-air balloon would be required to lift this mofo...yes, my plan would include anchor ropes!

7. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    A flying 550? How did that happen.

8. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I know how it got there - It's one of those Ferraris that fell out of the plane in the James Bond movie.

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Hello Gentlemen.

Ferraris fly really well. Initial climb rate is fanatastic, if not breath taking. In flight, the controls can best be described as being soggy and surprisingly ineffective.

Landings are harsh and somewhat destructive. At no point in time does suspension = landing gear.

I would be more than happy to enclose pictures of my 328, however I have none.

I can enclose a picture of some rubble and a rock or two in a zip lock baggie, as that would be an accurate representation of what was left.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Too funny! :D

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Pic #3: went thru the rail right of where the guy in yellow jacket stands, landed on roof, turned clockwise @90 degrees. (Otherwise, why is he standing up on the hill above the car?)

or

Pic #2: avoided something or drifted right (note flat ground at lower right) french-kissed the top of the wall, landed on roof.
    _

Either way, time to sing and play a special version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Looks like he found a great parking spot.
    Plus you have a great view!

Seriously how did this happened?

13. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Robin -- this is NOT THE BAT CAR!!

This one can fly, yes, but it lacks the Bat landing gear.

Alfred, call the tow truck.

14. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Actually, the same is true of cows and pigs...although weak aerodynamically, landings are spectacular...

Probably more BANG than Chitty, methinks, Tom :eek:

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    All I can say is that the driver of this 550M had some bad-ass mofo intense driving skills to get the car up in the air like that and stop and land on the roof!

16. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    "When Senator Ted told his Russian friend to park it on the gagarge he had no idea that Boris would be so creative!"

17. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    I have no idea where this happened. I got the pictures from somebody sent to me, only thing I know is that the car has Luxemburg license plates. Could happen everywhere though....

Still an amazing act if you ask me....

Joren REMANS

18. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    ...or just an enormous amount of good luck... :D

19. ART360

ART360 Guest

Car can be easily removed with a crane, but its gonna cost him quite a bit. Anyone read the plate?. Maybe drop him a line, and ask how it got where it is?

Art

20. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Guys,
    this picture proves:

A Maranello looks good even on the roof of your sheed!

21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I have a new theory:

We don't see the part of the "roof" to the right. perhaps it is sloped downwards such that this guy can drive down it and gain lots of speed / momentum (trying to achieve a top-speed run, etc?). When he was launching (ASR off), he probably lit up te rears a bit and went sideways (to his left - ie up), and stopped as best he could. Car gto up there being driven in reverse?

Yes/no?

--Dan