WTB F360 around March / April | FerrariChat

WTB F360 around March / April

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by rob_london_sydney, Aug 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    Hi All,
    I usually post in the Australian section. I lived in the UK for a few years, and am now back in Australia until late March.

I'll be returning to the UK, and am interested in getting my hands on one of these cars.

I'd like to know what are the best places to source them from, and was thinking of trying to buy one from an auction.

Does anyone know what would be good resources to use? I've looked at the BCA website, but the way its broken down, theres no way to check ALL databases at once, and you pretty much have to guess which one a car might be in.

I've had a look at Parkers, so I'm familiar with what they say these cars are worth. I also notice people asking a lot more for them that what Parkers is suggesting. Hmm...

Any other advice?

Rgds,
    Rob

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Look at the ads in Pistonheads - they rarely come up at auction - Parkers is rubbish for non-standard cars - good luck

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Pistonheads would be my advice also, auctions are a big no no from me.

4. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
  5. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    I've looked at pistonheads, and also compared it with autotrader.

I get the impression (completely my own interpretation), that prices on PH tend to be higher than Autotrader.

And both of them tend to bera no resemblemnce to Parkers. As mentioned above regarding non standard cars, I dont know enough about that to comment, but I guess as a starting point, I'd be looking for a standard car, just so I have some kind of baseline to begin with.

Any auction websites at all that anyone can recommend? I'm happy to look at repossessed, theft recovered, pretty much anything, just so I can get a feel for what the industry is doing.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You misunderstand re standard cars - Parkers is rubbish for exotic ie non-standard - it may work for Peugeots & VW - they are standard ie non-exotic cars - it will tell you NOTHING about Ferraris : clear ?

Auto-trader & PH are your best guides without actually seeing the quality of the cars in person which is why we suggested them

7. rob_london_sydney

Oct 22, 2005
    London as of January
    Full Name:
    Rob M
    Ahh, now I understand.

Thanks Greyboxer.

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You might find it worth commissioning a buying agent at this end of the year so that you may access a 'motivated seller' going into / though winter