WTF??????? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WTF???????

Discussion in '612/599' started by 285ferrari, Apr 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Which 430 depreciation are you referring to? 430 Spiders are consistently fetching north of $320k, which I believe is a signficant step up over MSRP.
    Depreciation is simply a matter of supply versus demand and in the current Ferrari economic model, globally speaking, there are less cars available in the US than there are official buyers with orders in to authorized dealers. Add to that those seeking a car outside of the authorized dealer network and you have a massive demand for the cars that will serve to keep prices inflated well over MSRP for the forseeable future - certainly for the next 24 months anyway, always IMVHO.

2. CarloR

CarloR Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Dec 13, 2006
    9219 Mira Este Court, San Diego CA 92126
    Full Name:
    Carlo Rubio
    No way, it would be time to register it and title in montana with a good old faithful lawfirm i know bennett.

-Carlo R.

3. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    I'm guessiing Tagranero is refering to a more 'normal' Ferrari narket and not refering to the US market. The supply demand thing of Ferrari's in the US amazes me - why dont Ferrari address this by either putting the price up or increasing the cars going to the US?

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Because a good thing never last forever.
    A recession or sudden drop in economy, would put a squeeze on Ferrari market (if the prices were raised officially to real levels or supplies increased to meet current demand).
    By keeping things as they are,the premiums may drop a little but demand would still continue,thus keeping Ferrari's interests safe.

5. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    For that money I buy a F430 Spider and a F360 CS.

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    +1. It is no different anywhere I think. Demand exceeds supply in a world awash with capital

7. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    holly cow that is expeeensiveeee.

8. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    By allowing dealers to sell at market - frenzy continues with dealers sharing in proceeds. Also, those who believe the 599 will drop in price, even if right this will be still be a $400,000+ car for quite sometime. Best