WWOC can't change my tires | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WWOC can't change my tires

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by robiferretti, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JMURPHY

JMURPHY Rookie

Jan 13, 2004
    It's true that we declined to install this gentleman's tires. As I explained to him, our tire machine is not set up to accomodate these wheels. We don't want to take a chance and damage wheels. He also asked me to do a wheel alignment on this car. We don't have the specs available to us for cars other that Ferrari, Maserati and BMW.

The last thing I wanted to do was push work away. All we want to do is make sure our customers get the best service possible. In this instance we are not the best people to do this job. I did recommend a quality company locally that can help him.
    Regards,
    Jim Murphy
    Service Manager
    Wide World of Cars.

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    JUST READ THIS.

ROB

JIM IS THE MOST HONEST GUY IN THE CAR BUSINESS, AS WELL AS A GREAT PERSON

DONT HAVE A HARD ON FOR JIM AND HIS DEALERSHIP...WHY SHOULD HE ATTEMPT IT, IF THE END RESULT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT..

I GIVE HIM A THUMBS UP FOR HIS HONESTLY

LOVE YA ROB,

BRUCE

3. pdavis

pdavis Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Morristown New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Robiferretti, there must be some logical reason they don't want to change your tires. I have done a fair amount of business with WWOC and they have always been accomadating and terrific. pd

4. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    always great to here the other side of the story, well done Jim. My next major will be done at WWOC.

5. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    How long do you mean by "it just took a while"?

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I hate to be a naysayer, but I kinda have to side with WWoC on this one. Fact is, regardless of how good your credit is etc., you didn't have the cash on hand, and someone else did. If I'm trying to move $200k worth of goods, and it's between someone who might pay and someone who will pay, I'm afraid I'd have to choose the someone with the bucks in hand.

I think the fact that they're going to find you another one within two weeks is very professional of them. This is also a pretty good lesson in why it helps to wait until you've got the cash before you go shopping.