www.thedailyplate.com | FerrariChat

www.thedailyplate.com

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GG, Dec 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    #1 GG, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Awesome site.

Allows you to input everything you ate during the day and it gives you a breakdown of the total protein, carbs, fats, etc. It also allows you to export this data to Excel if you would like to keep track, create charts, etc. I've uploaded my chart for the day so some of you guys can see what I'm talking about.

On a side-note, I thought for sure with my current diet that I was hitting 3,500 calories daily, but it turns out that I'm barely hitting 3,000. Really disappointed in that, and it basically means I've gotta wake up an extra half hour early each day to cook some eggs and get some calories in my system. And even after 3 whole eggs and 5 egg whites, I'm still 200 calories short!

I know a lot of people here are trying to lose weight, so this might assist you guys quite a bit.

Best of luck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Thanks Cameron. Looks interesting.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    There is an Iphone app that syncs with the site too, worth checking out.

4. sapple89

sapple89 Karting

Oct 21, 2006
    L.A.
    Full Name:
    sapple
    Anything for BlackBerrys?

5. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    There was no 'ask an any question health thread' and this seemed more of a relevant thread.

I usually work out at night, from 8pm-10pm, and always get hungry after my workout. Is it wrong if I have some lasagna or chicken & rice or any other meal after my workout?

6. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I'm not an expert; but from my understanding...

the short answer is no, and yes ;)

No, it's not unusual. Yes it is a problem to eat a hefty meal before bed. The body doesn't digest right while lying down; and can lead to heartburn (immediate effect), Acid Reflux... and also in my experience, dry-mouth (the starches are converted to sugar, and in an unbalanced health state I was in, perhaps pre-diabetic).

What my research has told me is that you should have something like a banana and a protein shake before, and after a workout; about 200-250 g. of protein... these can be easily, and cheaply mixed into a shake with blended Whea's protien, milk, and the frozen banana. I haven't yet developed a good routine for following this most days; but I definitely can feel the difference the next morning.

I'm sure some of the more experienced members can suggest something more in depth, or tell me wrong :)

7. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    So how long should I wait before I go to bed? 1 hr, 2hr? I can always catch up on some work.

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Maybe some oatmeal, it tastes good in pie too. ;)

9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    If you can wait 2 hours, that would be ideal. Regardless, you should lay off the starchy carbs. A grilled chicken breast with some veggies would be an ideal post work-out meal.

10. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    I don't usually eat breakfast, but was thinking of getting a waffle maker and having waffles....would you consider waffles healthy?

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Only when there is 1/4 stick of melted butter, and an excess of maple syrup; and two eggs over-easy, and a pair of sausage patty's.

12. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I don't consider waffles exactly healthy, but I don't consider them NOT healthy either. I can't remember the last time I ate waffles and I'm not sure about the nutritional value, but something is better than nothing if you're currently not eating breakfast.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    As Cameron said, something is better than nothing.

Get Whole Grain or Whole Wheat waffle mix and Mrs. Buttersworth No Sugar Syrup.

14. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cameron I want to thank you for this thread. Ive been using the site for a few weeks now and it really helps to put right in front of your face how many calories,etc some foods have.

Im consistently 500-1000 calories under my daily allowance and this helps me keep track. I also realized that even though I am watching calories carbs are making up way too much of my diet. So I have increased my protein and instead of a whole wheat bun I am using more corn tortillas.

it really is a great website.

Thanks again