X Sport Fitness | FerrariChat

X Sport Fitness

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mbutner, Dec 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I had to post something here to praise this gym. After being a member at several gyms (bally's for over 4 years) I came to expect little to nothing in the way of customer service, or decor in the gym. For a while I kind of liked it; kind of the "rocky" in the gym kind of attitude. If the place smells, so what. If the machines are broken, find another way to workout.

All that changed yesterday when I finally visited X sport fitness in Alexandria, VA. I am not affiliated in any way with this gym other than as a paying member. This place is mind blowing. 66,000 square feet. Open 24/7 365. $42 a month.

I half expected some fru fru gym with a billion treadmills and not much else... was I wrong!! They have 4 cable cages, 3 squat racks, 4 benches (ok, I'd like more of those), indoor swimming pool, basketball court, wet and dry sauna, a billion treadmills, elipticals, stair machines, special high incline treadmills, etc. They even have their own 24hr tanning salon, spa, etc. Its $14 a month to tan!!

After what I've come to expect in a gym, this was a breath of fresh air. And for those of you thinking its too soft, there are two WWE guys that workout here, and in my brief experience, some other beasts walking around.

There are only 26 of these gyms in the US but if you're lucky enough to be around one, ck it out!

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    24 hour super sports is similar, if not better.

Heated pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, tons of machines with individual screens, ability to plug in iphones, etc., sparkling basketball and racquetball courts, tons of equipment like medicine balls, weights, plyometric stools, etc., lots of classes (spin, yoga, aerobics, kickboxing, circuit training, etc.), free towels, really locker rooms and showers (they even have swimsuit dryers), plasmas everywhere, absolutely top class everything, even nice childcare facilities. Locations all over the US and in many other countries.

Similar pricing to yours, but only $24.99 with corporate discount, $16.99 each additional family member.

Google for pictures. Worth it even if you do nothing more than sit in the jacuzzi once a week.

3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Strangely you described X Sport as well. It has every one of those facilities. That price is nice though!

Oh, X sport does not require a contract!

4. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Yeah, no contract at 24 hour fitness either. There are a few more facilities that I didn't list, but, all in all, it seems as if the two are identical. What differentiates 24 hour fitness is the number of locations.