Xtreme Xperience at Gingerman - Pics | FerrariChat

Xtreme Xperience at Gingerman - Pics

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jul 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matgro1

matgro1 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2012
    Skokie x Peoria IL
    Full Name:
    Matthew Groner
    Nice photos. I drove an F430 and Gallardo LP550 when they were at Autobahn CC. I loved it, so much fun!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I drove the McLaren at Autobahn with them. It was awesome, very well organized and a lot of car for the buck

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I was there on Friday, the 27th. I drove the 458 and was blown away. This was my second time participating with the Xtreme Xperience and again I enjoyed myself very much.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The 458 is such an awesome car. I tried to push it (and the instructor on my right helped with that) but I could tell, there is so much more to it than I could squeeze out in that given time. I might have to rent that one again.

Sadly my helmet camera didn't work in the Ferrari (it did in the SLS). Would have been nice to get a view of the instruments etc. At least I got their in car feed.

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    #6 tfazio, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    I am sure I didn't get anywhere near the limit in the 458 but I was amazed at everything it was able to do. It was like the car was reading my mind. It did exactly what I wanted it to do all the time. I do understand the traction and stability setting were helping me immensely but it never dampened my driving experience. After reading countless reviews and watching numerous videos on the 458 I believed it had to be one of the most entertaining cars ever to be produced.... And to my surprise it exceeded all my expectations. I am in love :)

Last year I drove the R8 and F430. I was amazed at how much I enjoyed the R8 and it was only the 4.2 liter V8 too. That is a wonderful car. For the money a used R8 sems like a great deal. The same R8 was there again this year.

I to had planned to drive the SLS. However after I drove the 458 I thought what is the point? There was no way I was going to have anywhere near as much fun in the SLS and ultimately I would be disappointed.

I may go back to Gingerman in October to drive the McLaren and possibly the 458 again if they bring it back.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

Different strokes for different blokes :):

I loved the Italia but I totally fell in love with the SLS. If money was no object, that would be the car I would take home. It fit me like a glove and it was super planted at all times. In fact I started to feel so good about it, I began to overtake other cars on track. :) The Ferrari to me felt nervous in comparison.

Last year I drove their R8 at Autobahn as well and was a bit underwhelmed. I thought it looked faster than it was. Sure enough, they beefed it up for this year: It has now some racing mods and goes a good deal faster. Also sounds a good deal better.

Try the McLaren. IMHO the best car (not counting F1 cars) I ever drove. Pure heaven.

I also like the fact that they do this at various venues. I'd love to try out Putnam. Maybe next year with the GTR.

7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I would like to try the McLaren for sure. It would be interesting to compare that to the 458. I am a bit disappointed I passed n the SLS now. Glad you enjoyed it.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Talk about non buyers remorse: I should have driven the Aventador when I had a chance in Las Vegas but didn't. :(

9. mgent

mgent Karting

May 17, 2007
    Do they let you push pretty hard at the track, or does the instructor limit you at times?

I've done something like this in Vegas, and they 'mostly' let you push, but would back you down at times....

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They encourage you to push the car.

They are very helpful since they constantly give you feedback right then and there when you need it. They are all racing instructors.

11. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That's great. Nice photos...thanks for sharing.

12. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I see on their website (Xtreme Xperience) that they will be at Blackhawk farms in September.........and there is a Groupon available!!