Year to Year Upgrades? (599) | FerrariChat

Year to Year Upgrades? (599)

Discussion in '612/599' started by CP Shrl, Mar 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    Hello all! I spent the weekend borrowing a friends 599 and absolutely loved it. I have spent the past 2-3 hours now researching the car. Texas recently yanked my title on my Ariel Atom so I have a garage spot I need to fill. Yes, Ariels are no longer street legal here *shakes fist*.

With the California we saw modest upgrades to the engine and trim throughout the years
    09-12 450 HP
    13-14 480 HP + Exhaust Upgrade

1) Are there upgrades to the 599 over the years? Besides the CCBs becoming standard in 2008.

2) For those of us with more modest driving skills is there a point to the HGTE package? I will be tracking the car on occasion. I've been to a few driving schools but by no means am a miniature Schumacher.

3) Any intel on the extended warranties? Ferrari has done away with Power Cube, Power Normal, and Power. I am unfamiliar with the new system and it seems as though dealers are as well.

4) I will be utilizing this car as a daily driver. I do around 100-150 miles per day. Foreseeable issues?

Thank you kindly gentlemen and happy motoring.