Yellow Daytona Bob Rector Painting | FerrariChat

Yellow Daytona Bob Rector Painting

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jselevan, Aug 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Gentlemen,

I usually can be found in the 246 and 512 Boxer section. Please allow this intrusion.

I just connected with a friend of many years. His father owned a fly yellow Daytona in the late 70s and early 80s. His father passed away years ago. My friend is now interested in selling a painting of his father's Daytona. The artist was Bob Rector, of Road and Track magazine.

He does not have the serial number of the car. It is a fly yellow Daytona, 1974 he believes. The car was owned by Chris Abel, an architect in Laguna Beach, California. While many might be interested in the painting, perhaps the most interest would be expressed by the current owner of the car.

If anyone reading this knows of the car or current owner, or if you can direct me to a registry of Daytonas that might trace the heritage of these cars, I would appreciate it very much.

Please e-mail me if you have interest in the painting or if the current owner can be identified.

Thank you.

Jim S.

2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  3. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Ed - thanks for the lead. Does not appear to be of help.

Jim