You Carry a Gun? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

You Carry a Gun?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by venusone, Sep 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Heck no! Even a .50cal would have just put little holes in the couch.

We used a binary type of highly stable reactive explosive. The two components are totally innert when seperate, but when you mix them, they become a stable and useful high-explosive that's great for tree-stump removal and reactive rifle targets and the like.

It is very difficult to set off (requires #8 blasting cap or larger, and a match or even propane torch will not set it off.) A high powered rifle bullet will also set it off, but ordinary pistol rounds or a 12-gauge do not have sufficent energy (yeah, this stuff is hard to ignite. GOOD in a HE in my opinion! :)

Yes I hold all required permits, etc.

2. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Ammonium Nitrate and Nitromethane?

3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    No, perchlorate mix. Unsure of exact construction, produced by the makers of "Tannerite" http://www.tannerite.com/ do not attempt to make your own, you could end up with something much more sensative that could go off when you drop it (!!)

4. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Been thinking of getting a CCW permit, easier to get than a driver's license here in Colorado. Carjackings were a problem here a couple of years back, seem to have tappered off lately.....

Don't carry a gun in the car now, but at one time in the distant past, when I drove a 4-dr Dodge Diplomat, I carried a 6" Colt Python; Remington 12Ga, Curb MACE, 28" Nylon baton and 2 pair Pearless cuffs.....

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I guessing you also had a radio in that car...............