your contractor drives a Ferrari, what do you think? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

your contractor drives a Ferrari, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vincent355, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'd say "Cool, screw the job let's go for a drive!!!"

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I asked this about 7 months ago, and BTW I didn't drive the car. Some of my clients know about the car, but overtime we have become friends and thus shared stories about our interests. I have a hard time hiding mine when people are genuinely interested and I feel that they already have respect for what I offer. These clients are more than happy for me and tell me that I deserve it. OTOH I've had clients ask me if they paid for my pick-up, they definitely will never see the car.

I can forego a cool drive once in a while (did I just say that) .

3. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I know of a CE (computer engineer) that worked for IBM in Sweden in the late 70's who used to drive an old Rolls Royce.
    Since this was his daily driver during the spring/summer he also drove it to the customers.
    Some of the customers he was visiting complained "no wonder you charge us so much when your technicians are driving Rolls Royce's" so he wasn't allowed to use that car while working after that.

/Peter