Your inspiring success story | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Your inspiring success story

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rhtky, Nov 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Well damn, is this the reason I’ve been here 16 years never owning a Ferrari?

This sure put a wrench into my day....

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Very true but I have no idea how you guys go about that process. A girl working in the pet department of a retail store asked me out one day, and 41 years later still trying to figure out if I did the right thing by saying yes that day.

2cam and IloveGT like this.
  3. tomoo

tomoo Rookie

Jul 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hi.
    I think you did the first right thing and that is not to be shy and actually asked. I haven't been given anything for free, I had to work my way through. I was diagnosed with cancer during university (for which I didnt have enough money to finish but ultimately I did) which, in a way, changed the way I look at things (I tend not to give a damn about a lot of unimportant stuff). Looking back, I have to say I have never been employed and always relied purely on myself. (I am not suggesting that being employed is the wrong choice - at the beginning it gives you more security, but less room to earn limitlessly). I'd say chase your dreams and never be put off by the surrounding people (they don't know your reasons or circumstances). All my life, I have tried to be cheerful and make fun of everything. And living in the eastern Europe which is pervaded by corruption and weakly-educated people it is quite hard to strike out on your own. Never mind, somehow I did it. I got a beautiful family, moved to the sea and treated myself to the GTC4 Lusso and the brand new F8 Spider. Just turned 33 and still looking for good opportunities to invest in (of course sometimes I made wrong choices, but only those who dont try, never fail - but they dont drive Ferraris unless they have a rich dad). Dont hesitate to get in touch. All the best and never give up. We live only once. ouhh and one more thing, cut off stupid and negative people (even if it is family) - they waste your time and want to drag you down. Cheers.

rhtky, hertj94, Texas Forever and 6 others like this.
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    great post .... and to me important points are Always Keep your word.... This has been a very important part of my life.. and the best time to save is when you are YOUNG ... investments made when you are in your 20s will be worth far more than those in your 60s .

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Success can come from luck or hard work. Since I’m not a sorcerer, I focus on what I have control over.

You must hang out with trust fund babies if all the affluent people you know are vastly more lazy then the rest of your friends.

my experience has been quite the opposite.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said, thank you for your service.

7. Golden Steed

Golden Steed Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name: